Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Morning,

Just been in the boot and noticed the broken little pipe type thing, as pictured...

It's just a thin plastic tube, it's hollow but there's nothing inside it (that I can see, anyway).

Any ideas what it's for? Is it likely to cause any problems broken?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
It's the rear window washer fluid hose. Mine broke and was replaced under warranty at about 6 months old. Took a while as the part had to be ordered from France and shipped to Australia !

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see.

Can't say it's something I ever bother using, but may as well get it sorted if it's a warranty job.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Mine's broken too. Went into my local dealership a couple of weeks ago and they have ordered the part to replace it under warranty. Having to wait over 4 weeks for it to go in though which I'm not very happy about. Was told by 3 different people at the dealership that it's a "big job" and takes a couple of hours.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
how much work was done to replace this ?? was it a strip out? or is there a join just behind each side?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I know on my GTi they had to remove the spoiler to gain access to replace the pipe. I'm not sure how much of it is replaced but it did have to go back to have a new spoiler fitted because they bent the black plastic underneath by, what looked like, sticking a screwdriver between the plastic and the spoiler itself to pry it apart and took the paint off in the process. What annoyed me most is that they tried to touch it up and bend the plastic back into shape and not say anything. I kicked off big time when I went to pick the car up and the service manager was less than impressed too. So if you get the work done, have a good look over the rear of the vehicle to for any damage before you drive away!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Same problem here after having my 2,5 year-old Active 208. Can't belive how Peugeot can still hire such a bunch of lousy material engineers in the year of 2016. That's why that's my first-and-last Peugeot car. They're "really" sucking at choosing right and enduring materials. That's not the first issue for me.

The material engineering is AWFUL.

Gonna book dealer for this rear hose problem, hope they can cover their fault under extended-warrantly. We'll see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Contrary to some postings on subject - according to Peugeot UK - this is NOT the subject of any kind of recall or recognition of fault - they say - in their own words -Thank you for your recent contact to us about a repair on
the plastic tubing of your Peugeot 208. I'm sorry to hear about this and can
understand why you'd be concerned about this.

I have looked into this and can confirm that there are no
outstanding campaigns for your 208.

I could only suggest you have your vehicle looked at
by an authorised Peugeot dealership so they can investigate this for you

that translates as £X for parts & £X for labour - for a seldom used function

So - does anyone have a DIY fix for this that they could recommend ??

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
See other posts about this issue.....I'll be updating pics soon, as I've bought some silicone tubing to repair mine today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got some tubing also. Just need to fit it. Should be an easy fix. Heat new pipe in HOT water so it expands, slip over either end nicely. Secure with a zip tie to each side for safety.Done?

At least that's how easy i HOPE it's going to be!!!

Wish me luck!

:)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
The tubing I got fits inside the plastic OME one......a nice tight fit, no need for cable ties.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Having recently discovering this exact fault, this is what I'm going to try. Had an advisory on MOT back in September for rear washer not working, only recently figured out why. No way I'm paying Peugeot to fix it when I can bodge a job in 10 minutes that'll probably last longer than a replacement part

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
H3RB1E said:
Having recently discovering this exact fault, this is what I'm going to try. Had an advisory on MOT back in September for rear washer not working, only recently figured out why. No way I'm paying Peugeot to fix it when I can bodge a job in 10 minutes that'll probably last longer than a replacement part

I did this, this morning.

http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/rear-windows-squirter-pipe-broken_topic3668_page4.html

Works and looks great......might offer some for sale ?.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
SteveB71 said:
H3RB1E said:

I did this, this morning.

http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/rear-windows-squirter-pipe-broken_topic3668_page4.html

Works and looks great......might offer some for sale ?.

Stick a few up on ebay and link the ad to here, I'll buy a couple

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
eBay will kill me for fees, happy to sell through here though via PayPal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts