Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year I decided to get rid of the Corsa and get myself one of these.

It is everything I want and need. Looks good, cheap to run, has all the gadgets like touch screen satnav etc and best of all with its massive 1.2 engine it can do 0-60 in 4.3!

Minutes

Anyhow Ive been lying to myself for a long time now. Telling myself I'm going to keep it standard, it looks good enough as it is, its only a car and that I'm too old to do this sorta stuff. Well I've gave in. I need to do it! More and more are hitting the roads and I need to personalise it. I miss having my modded corsa and tinkering on so now I'm going to ruin a 208.
So this week is the big week. My lass has gone away to Spain for the week and because she doesn't need the car, I can finally strip it down and start doing things. The list is a long one so keep checking in for updates.

First up, managed to grab a mint set of 5 308 challenger rims. Quick try of them on to make sure they fit then off to get the tyres took off ready for refurb.

Some better bulbs. Waiting for the fogs and sidelight/DRL bulbs to be delivered as they are a funny size.

Okay so time to start the wheels. Split the centre caps and paint.

More paint for the wheels, and some yellow wrap for a little idea I have.

Front grill strip painted, mirrors and a start on the wheels. I got one done today.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/THEDUFF_photo/20130921_204738_zps3be41765.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/THEDUFF_photo/20130921_191359_zps1d56229a.jpg

Back to it tomorrow. Hopefully another couple of wheels done and get the front and back bumper dropped so I can fiddle on with them.
Springs are do to arrive on mon/tues.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two down, three to go!

Just waiting for my new side repeater before I put the mirror caps back on.
Im halfway to getting the front bumper off. I can see 2 more bolts holding it on. Once thats off I can take the grill and fog surrounds off for painting.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Little update. Started 3rd wheel so should have them all done this week! Just hard to get stuff done during the week because of work.
New indicater lens will be in on thursday. Someone clipped the car and smashed it! Waiting for that before I put the mirror caps on because you gotta take them back off to change it.

£21.76 for that! Now I know why they are called Robins and Day

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Enjoy striping the front bumper down, took me ages things cover things which you need to undo to undo. Lol you'll know what I mean when you start. Projects looking good though, glad to see someone else modding,

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yey! Photobucket is up and running again. So heres the update.

Mirror light came so mirror caps back on also front badge on.
Also took the back badges off to paint.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put the badges back on at the weekend and removed the front fog lights and surrounds.
Surrounds to be painted and I done this with the lamps.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Mario. Hopefully these fogs look really good once I get them back in with the white surrounds. But if they look tacky the film can be removed which is why I wrapped instead of painted.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for input folks.
Got the fog surrounds painted tonight. Weather permitting, theyll be back on tomorrow along with the fogs.

And the bacon butty provided by gran for in between coats

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont think so. You can ask them though. They might say as long as its put back to standard before returning it.

Very small update. Aint been able to do much as Ive been busy with work and Christmas has been creeping up.
Firstly, a wash.

Then Ive decided to do something special with the wheels. Blue flake!

Also got a shark fin aerial and painted it white ready for when the roof gets done.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got this before the GTI was released. Just ticks all the right boxes cost wise. However I do wish I waited. Its only 650 a year insurance for a GTI for me and not as bad as I thought for road tax. Test drove it as soon as it came out and I was kicking myself out of the showroom. Debated changing it but don't really fancy getting myself into negative equity. Nevermind.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts