Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What voltage should I expect my 208 1.2 turbo GT Line battery to be after returning from a twenty mile round trip in daylight, air con off, radio on? It is reading 12.74 volts. Does that indicate it is fully charged?

·
Registered
44 Posts
It sounds about right for a 12v battery I think. My Android head-unit gives a constant battery voltage reading, and that is usually around 13.5v to 14.5v when driving in daytime.

If I sit parked-up with the radio on and without the engine running, the voltage drops slowly from around 12.5v. If it falls to 11.9v, the car's eco-mode kicks in and shuts the electrics down until the engine is started.

Measure the amps for a better idea of the state of charge, I'd say.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. The "Start/Stop" system on my new 2020 208 GT Line does not work. With the car in neutral, clutch out, handbrake on, the stop/start warning light flashes four times but the engine does not stop. All necessary required conditions are met, and it is enabled in the settings menu.
Dealer wants car in over night to put a charger on the battery to mske sure the voltage is OK before looking for a problem.
Had this system on my old GT Line which worked every time for the four years I had it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has it thrown out any fault-codes at all?

If the system hasn't worked at all since you got the car, its worth checking that it has the correct battery type fitted. I recall hearing that these systems require a certain type of battery with a higher capacity. Someone may have swapped the original for a cheaper unit that isn't up to the job.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry...just spotted the "new 2020" bit. Unlikely to be an incorrect battery then!:D

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery is Varta 12v 60aH. 680cca. Rated for Stop/Start applications.
Goes up to just under 14 volts on tickover.
I would not think it is the wrong battery.
Green Start/Start symbol flashes four times then goes out, This indicates "Start/Stop momentarily unavailable" according to handbook Should stay on when Stop/Start engaged.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is from the 3008 forum...

Stop/start not working....again

Picking through the replies, there is mention of a "battery unit", which I am guessing is some form of control module which has been selected for replacement. There seems to be a bit of a known issue with this fault throughout the Peugeot range. Someone claims to have replaced the battery, but this didn't solve the problem.

Will be interesting to hear what the dealership says about it.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just found a posting about exactly the same thing.
it refers to a Technical Service bulletin which I have attached.
It states that the origin of the fault is
Ancillaries battery state of charge
Ancillaries battery malfunction.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts