Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto lights function :- a good feature, can anyone tell me if they can be re-programmed so the full beam does not operate automatically? other drivers either think I am being courteous or just a ****!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, according to my user's manual only the side lights and dipped beam headlights operate automatically. I can't see any way in which the dipped beams could switch to main beam automatically or vice versa, to do so would need some kind of sensor at the front of the vehicle to detect oncoming traffic. As far as I know the only sensor is the one on the front of the dashboard which is designed to detect the ambient light level. If the lights are switching on in main beam mode then there must be a fault in the auto system.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, and thanks for your response just had the car in for its 1st 1k miles and asked the same question the first answer hinted I switch them off :( second answer was that they were working correctly! Will go back this coming weekend & ask the same more firmly, will keep you posted thanks again:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts