Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, received my letter of acceptance for the "Peugeot Assistance Passport" (Bulk) the word "Bulk" is not referenced anywhere in the booklet, does anyone know what the level of cover is or if the word "Bulk" has any meaning that may affect a claim?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Level of cover for Peugeot assistance, is anything other than non fault items such as locking keys in the car, filling with the wrong type of fuel or changing a wheel in the event of a puncture.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
yes definetely it dosent cover changing the tyre in the event of a puncture as I found out to my surprise last night while the tyre suddenly deflated on a very busy dual carriageway where the tyre ended up shredding away from the alloy!!!. Peugeot quoted me £120 to come out to have my tyre changed even though it was difficult to get the wheel off I am very grateful for the Road Traffic Police who came along and provided assistance last night and we eventually freed the wheel - very grateful to these guys! very polite, friendly and professional. well in 16 years of driving its good to know theres good support on our roads when you need it
its a shame that the same couldn't be said for Peugeot assistance despite paying for a top of the range brand new car with sh*t roadside assistance!
My second priority today after getting my new tyre sorted will be to get proper roadside assistance! Thanks Peugeot for being no help last night! You live and learn as they say!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a word with your peugeot dealer they should have offered you a top up assistance, £20 a year that would cover you for non fault items such as punctures

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
My dealer assumed tyre punctures were included and I wasn't offered the top up nor given any indication at the time of sale. It's now been resolved and I'm just amazed all this farting around for the sake of £20! For the sake of £20 why have the two passport assistance plans?? I spoke to AA directly and they said I was covered under the standard policy but this was then later strongly disagreed by another AA representative when I called back. As a gesture of good will they upgraded my breakdown free of charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts