Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent this this morning putting on two coats of swissvax paint protector and alloy wheel wax for the winter had the car a week now and there are a few niggles only getting 32MPG the clutch is very high and it has a very big flat spot between 2nd and 3rd will give it till 1000 miles to sort it self out or i will take it in ,

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Great finish on the paintwork. Now, 5 months later, has the Swissvax paint protector coating lasted?
PS. Which Swissvax wax did you use.?Edited by: esterhazy

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it has lasted well it was done with swissvax shield i work in a porsche body shop and can pick it up cheap . No the mpg has not got much better and has still got the flat spot from 2nd to 3rd as i have said on another thread i think the 1.2 is horrible engine and thinking of getting rid of the car if it does not get any better soon , the dealer says its normal may take it to another dealer to see what they have to say

·
Registered
33 Posts
Blimey! I'm getting 45-odd mpg out of the 1.4!

I did notice on the test drive of a 1.2 two things - how much the motor had to be coerced into doing things, and the fact that between a 1.2 and 1.4 demo, the 1.2 had the higher consumption on the dash indicator! Personally, glad I went for the 1.4 and it's a shame they appeared to stop doing them.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Its all the way you drive. I don't rev it any higher then 1750rpmI and hardly ever brake, always coast to a stop, and if I get away with it I keep it rolling as you use most fuel then. Getting run up for hills you name it I do it to get that sort of consumption. Hoping for more really lol

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
At least during highway driving, I am impressed at the milage I am getting from my THP156 Feline compared to my last Pug(2010 207 Touring Outdoor Hdi 1.6). With the 208 having 6 speeds instead of the 207's 5speed transmission and less weight, I guess those are thr factors that tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts