Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of a few issues but just wanted to run a couple of things past before 208 arrives.

I currently use an iPod shuffle in my car, connected through AUX cable. Was hoping to use it in 208 via USB but have heard stories that the shuffle doesn't work on 208. Can anyone confirm this?

Other stories I've recently heard are it's fussy on phones it'll let you connect via bluetooth. I use an iPhone, it's a 4S model. Surely it'll be fine - I know there is an iPhone 5 out but there must be loads of 4S still on the go.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I can confirm that I have had problems with iPod shuffles and USB thumb drives. They take a long time to load, sometimes crash the system with a godawful loud crackand there are numerous reports of problems getting the artwork to display (note that there are recommended and confirmed solutions for Win based OS's/thumb drives).I normally use either my ipod touch (3rdGen) and iPod Classic connected via the USB port as my music source. I have used the aux connection for these (better sound quality but you give away control via the touch screen). Best to have your expectations set correctly from thebeginning, don't expect the elegance of an Apple Inc human/computer interface in the Peugeot or, actually, in any car that I have every experienced (I rent a lot of cars when I travel and have been singularly unimpressed by them all in this area).

Edited by: esterhazy

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered if problems with connecting through USB and then system crashing, etc were maybe being caused by the high memory of Album artwork rather that the actual music.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Wouldn't think so as the album art images are usually quite small compared to a mp3 file size. Wish I could track down where the fault lays. There seems to be no definitiverecommendedstandards re file formats, sizes, etc. It sure isn't the elegant world of Apple Mac where the little things matter a lot and have been thought out well. The functionality of the radio bands, AUX inputs are quite acceptable, even nice but I have been really disappointed with the USB/ipod interface.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Being an owner of an iPhone 5 I'm having no problems at all with the system. Works fine on both Bluetooth and by using the USB connection.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Never had a problem using my USB stick or iPhone 5 via both Bluetooth & USB Cable

Also had my girlfriends iPhone 4 hooked up via Bluetooth with no problems.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Samuel208 said:
Never had a problem using my USB stick or iPhone 5 via both Bluetooth & USB Cable

And do you consider the interface on the 208 touch screen as user friendly and elegant as on your iPhone?

·
Administrator
487 Posts
esterhazy said:
Samuel208 said:

And do you consider the interface on the 208 touch screen as user friendly and elegant as on your iPhone?
Fair one it isn't as nice but if you've got playlists sorted its fine, and easy enough to skip/replay tracks.Edited by: DaveGTi

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
The use of playlists is a good suggestion. I currently don't sort my music into playlists. I like to either choose a particular album to listen to (which I findextremelyclumsyusing the touch screen so never do) or engage randomshuffle (which is my current setting). If I don't like a selection it is easy to skip to the next without taking your attention off the road conditions.What I would like is an 'Album Flow' like functionality as is available on ipods. It would seem that the closest you can get to this interface is with a USB thumb drive but I haven't been able to sort out the file structure yet so that the album art displays on the larger screen area on the left of the touch screen. With the number of albums I have the touch screens' list approach is tooclumsyto use while driving. It seems easier to do this from a PC platform instead of a Mac which I use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts