Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to get apple carplay working on my 2013 208 allure? I've updated my smeg before so I know what I'm doing but just wanted to know if it's actually possible, and if so - how?
Thanks in advance.
Jonathan.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
You didnt see this thread?

http://www.208ownersclub.co.uk/forum/iphone-carplay-mirrorlink-how_topic2068.html

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I have finally sussed out how to get apple carplay working in the 208. mines is a 65 plate. this is after the update

this is before the update
the image below is the old firmware and the image above is the new firmware.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Yeh mine told me the same along with a few other branches. So I was called in for a recall on my car and it was to do with brakes etc. And I asked them if they could help with my touch screen as it was rebooting randomly. They said they would update it. And this was the result

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
So is this done by a simple firmware update? I have a 64 plate GTi and I would love to get this on mine??

EDIT: Although I realise that yours is the new model of SMEG so I don't think there's any chance that I would be able to get it on mine :(

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I wonder if a straight swap of the unit behind the touchscreen would bring the functionality for mirrorlink and apple car play (i.e. if I was to buy the new version of the unit and replace the existing one in my car)? Does anyone know the answer to this?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Dude u shouldn't have to pay any money for this. Especially going out ur way and getting a new head unit. But I've seen some 16 plates don't have it because it's the update it needs to have on it. As long as it's updated past 2015 it will be there. But if u buy a 16 plate head unit and it's got an update before 12/15 ur gna be disappinted .

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
True, and to be honest this would be more of a nice to have than anything else. I have a phone holder that places the phone in perfectly good view and accessability so I would just be spending the money for the sake of it.

I did however manage to update it to the latest firmware (3.21 I think for my unit) which turned out to be pretty simple

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Peugeot 208 is on a 65-plate with firmware V6.1 D. R20 DATED 17/12/15
Does this mean I should have CarPlay because there is no icon visible, if so, would I need to have it activate?
Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@frost719 Glad someone found out how to do it! could you please tell us how you upgraded to car play? I have a 15 plate 208. The dealers tell me it can't be done, probably because they want to sell the newer cars. A step by step guide would be most helpful. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
check with David whose handle on eBay.uk is stock_aitken_waterman and he will set you up with a SMEG+LV2 unit so you get Apple CarPlay functionality and Mirrorlinkl for Android. Works like a charm in my 2013 3-door 208

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys
Just got a 208 64/2015 registrations
Wondering if it can have updates to apple play at all

Software: SMEG5.2.A.R9
CD: 26028

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I have a Peugeot 208- 15 Plate. I'm desperately seeking a way to have Apple CarPlay. Peugeot don't seem to want to help me and my head-unit does randomly restart or not turn on for a while.
Is there anyway I can update this? Or can anyone recommend another brand of head unit I can replace the original one with?
Much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts