Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an older 2013 model 208 which has no navigation. Its a pain, when I bought the vehicle I assumed there was sat nav, my own fault. But its no big problem as I love messing about with my cars and they never stay stock for long.

Usually id just go the aftermarket headunit route and put an android unit in there but I dont really want to lose features like configuring my cruise control/limiter so I figured i'd look if there was a way to just use the screen and install an android device somewhere else in the car I can output video directly to the screen. Ive done it before on a few vehicles, added a hidden switch that will switch back to the OEM headunit when needed or straight back to a rasberry pi running various bits of software ive written to access info via the obd2 interface.

Has anyone tried this on here? Any pitfalls I should keep an eye out for?

Ive used these guys before, I think this is what I'm gonna go with.

Unless there is some aftermarket units that will let me still access the vehicles features ? Ive googled but not really found much.
Im new to pugs, I've bought the vehicle as I had to downgrade due to losing my job over the pandemic and also due to health reasons.
Its been a shitty year so far, but time to have some fun modding the 208.

I will be posting pics and video if anyone is interested. Glad ive found the forum :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hiya Lee,

I'm fairly sure that you can still access trip computer and speed limiter info via the screen between the speedo and rev counter - I'll have to check that, but I'm sure I have used the cruise control and limiter since I installed the Dasaita unit.

I haven't gone down this particular route, but there is a OBD2 adaptor available for Android head units which sends data of all kinds, including tyre pressure and so on, to the touchscreen.

Let us know if you come across any interesting alternatives and good luck with your search!

Cheers
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts