Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope you all are well.

This is my first post on here so here goes.

I’ve called my local Peugeot dealer and other places and they have not been able to help me, getting confusing info and unsure which one to get.

Can someone please advise which antifreeze/coolant should be used as recommended for a Peugeot 208 gti. Currently in the car it looks blue/green.

These are the details I have managed to find online but not sure which one I should get.

9735.K1

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn’t believe it either, all they had to do was order the correct one. When I mentioned getting some from Halfords and ensuring it’s meets Peugeot standards, they said no, you need to use genuine Peugeot coolant and asked me to call the local Peugeot parts hub. When I managed to get through the person on the other end was the most unhelpful person ever LOL I provided my number plate and he was like “I think this one will work, but I’m not sure” didn’t fill me with much confidence.

Your peugeot detailer couldn't order you the correct coolant?? That's awful..
Mine is pink in a 208 2014 gti

·
Premium Member
1991 205 GTi 1.9 Red ; 2014 208 GTi AE #071 White
361 Posts
That's pathetic. I would steer well clear of that mob. Have you had a good look in the service manual. Not with my car atm so I can't check myself. I am sure the exact specs will be in there.
Alternatively just go for waterless coolant and be done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I couldn’t believe it either, all they had to do was order the correct one. When I mentioned getting some from Halfords and ensuring it’s meets Peugeot standards, they said no, you need to use genuine Peugeot coolant and asked me to call the local Peugeot parts hub. When I managed to get through the person on the other end was the most unhelpful person ever LOL I provided my number plate and he was like “I think this one will work, but I’m not sure” didn’t fill me with much confidence.
I got mine from halfords.
Go done there and explain.. they will sort it.. I've had no issues.. I've owned mine from new and has 142,000 miles on the clock now.
I would check the number for you, but am currently abroad on work so don't have the details

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally managed to source the correct antifreeze for the car as per manufacturers recommendation, got hold of someone actually helpful for once from the local parts hub who advised the following part number (1637756380) for the blue ready mixed peugeot antifreeze and got next day delivery sent to my local Peugeot dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts