Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having spent the weekend with the new car, I must admit that it's difficult to find fault. The touch screen menus are a bit confusing, but it will just take time to learn them.
However, the one thing I do find annoying is the fuel consumption reading. On my previous Mercedes, it showed the average mpg for the trip, or you could reset it to take an average over a selected part of the journey. The 208 shows an instantaneous figure, which you'd think would be useful, but actually it's the opposite. When you drive up a hill it shows 28 mpg,down a hill it shows 80 mpg, pull away from traffic lights it shows 24 mpg, coast up to red traffic lights it shows 900 mpg!

I've hardly ever seen it show a stable figure that you can take as a realistic indication of the fuel economy you're actually achieving.

OK, so in my previous Mercedes C320, it used to normally show about 19 mpg around town, and I'm pretty confident the 208 is bettering it, but I just can't work out by how much!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
There should be an average as well - there is on the 207. You have to cycle through the displays there should be one which shows avg mpg and avg speed. There should also be 2 trip lists so you can leave 1 as values from when you had the car and re set the other for specifc journeys or each tiem you fill up etc. Unless of course they have changed it drastically !

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Also the switch for turning the internal alarm off in the dark (we have a dog). Had real problems seeing in the boot to get the dog in and out until I realised when I took it to my local Peugeot dealer that the garage we have purchased it fro had disconnected the boot light to save the battery when on the forecourt!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tell you another REALLY annoying feature. When you leave the rear windscreen wipe on and stop/park/lock it, then when you get back in and start it again, the rear wipes stay off unless you turn the switch back to off and then on again. Of course, 99% of the time you don't remember you left the switch on and so when you want to use the rear wipe again, you turn it around to the second 'wash' position and you end up wasting screenwash when it's raining outside. GRRRRR!Obviously a software issue, I just wish they'd fix it!

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
It is actually designed that way to prevent a problem if your car was left outside in cold weather and the rear screen frosted over and the wiper was frozen to the screen.
This could cause an overload on the wiper motor.
The windscreen wipers are exactly the same.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
exmgzr said:
It is actually designed that way to prevent a problem if your car was left outside in cold weather and the rear screen frosted over and the wiper was frozen to the screen.
This could cause an overload on the wiper motor.
The windscreen wipers are exactly the same.
I like! Very clever

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only annoyance I can think of is the size of the glovebox (because the fusebox wasn't moved for right hand drive cars. At least the amount of junk I can carry about is now limited.

Oh, and the sound system switching on by default when ignition is switched on. I'd like to see that fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts