Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought myself a used 1.2 puretech active 208 and the car itself is great. However the thing that's annoying me is the inability to connect my phone. My touchscreen headunit has apple car play (which my girlfriend can use and she's dead chuffed about) and Mirrorlink. However my phone (Google pixel) cannot connect to Mirrorlink and instead needs android Auto to display my music and maps etc on the touchscreen! Left feeling a little underwhelmed and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can upgrade the firmware so I can get android Auto onto the touchscreen so I can finally use it the way I want to?
Should also say my car doesn't have built in navigation so it's a right pain trying to use satnav based purely off of Bluetooth.

Also side note: does anyone have a clue what "Peugeot connect apps" are cause you touch that button and nothing happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What system is installed in your car? Firmware version?
What does the owners manual say?
Sorry to butt in. Where can I find what system it is and the firmware version?

I have exactly the same issues with no being able to get maps on and I have a Galaxy S8.

Also wondering about the Peugeot connect apps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've just bought myself a used 1.2 puretech active 208 and the car itself is great. However the thing that's annoying me is the inability to connect my phone. My touchscreen headunit has apple car play (which my girlfriend can use and she's dead chuffed about) and Mirrorlink. However my phone (Google pixel) cannot connect to Mirrorlink and instead needs android Auto to display my music and maps etc on the touchscreen! Left feeling a little underwhelmed and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can upgrade the firmware so I can get android Auto onto the touchscreen so I can finally use it the way I want to?
Should also say my car doesn't have built in navigation so it's a right pain trying to use satnav based purely off of Bluetooth.

Also side note: does anyone have a clue what "Peugeot connect apps" are cause you touch that button and nothing happens.

Did u ever get a resolve? I have the same issue

·
Registered
208 GTI BPS
2 Posts
I know that with samsung phones, samsung pulled the certificate to run mirror link out of their software so unfortunately it can't be used, would love to get android auto working without having to upgrade whole unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi there I bought a 2017 208 black edition on boxing day and was too very disappointed to find that the the screen basically did nothing at all but radio stations anyway I installed android auto onto my Samsung s7 and then you have to turn on your blue tooth and connect the phone to the car via the sub socket also for the first time to get it to even see the phone once you have paired the 2 together you can use android auto for pretty much everything I now see the Google maps or TomTom maps or was a maps on car screen I can voice text and call people and there is a whole load of specific apps for android auto which you install on your phone which once opened once on your phone will add then selves to the list of apps on the car screen I'll admit it was a faff for bout 2 days but eventually it all started to work in sink pretty well and I'm well. Chuffed with what I can now do on the car screen and via voice recognition which can be accessed by pressing the buttons on the end of indicator and washer stalks you need to have your mobile data active though for most to work it's all about making your phone discoverable and stuff like that for the initial setup but once working it all works great hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there I bought a 2017 208 black edition on boxing day and was too very disappointed to find that the the screen basically did nothing at all but radio stations anyway I installed android auto onto my Samsung s7 and then you have to turn on your blue tooth and connect the phone to the car via the sub socket also for the first time to get it to even see the phone once you have paired the 2 together you can use android auto for pretty much everything I now see the Google maps or TomTom maps or was a maps on car screen I can voice text and call people and there is a whole load of specific apps for android auto which you install on your phone which once opened once on your phone will add then selves to the list of apps on the car screen I'll admit it was a faff for bout 2 days but eventually it all started to work in sink pretty well and I'm well. Chuffed with what I can now do on the car screen and via voice recognition which can be accessed by pressing the buttons on the end of indicator and washer stalks you need to have your mobile data active though for most to work it's all about making your phone discoverable and stuff like that for the initial setup but once working it all works great hope this helps
Sorry was some typos in my reply 1 being USB socket not sub socket 2 being WAZE maps not was a maps also you can download peugeots own apps to your phone and it will make journey history's for you it even texts you when you put petrol in and if you tell it how much the petrol cost it will work out the cost for every journey and hiwnlong it took as well as plotting outbwuere you have been on a map at bottom of the app you can book services and stuff like that though app and loads of usefull stuff but please note this is donw through peugeot app not android auto yoy really need both lots on your phone and you need to make sure your peugeot app is running when you start the car cos it doesn't auto boot up like android auto does

1 - 10 of 10 Posts