Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 GTI Presteige which love to drive but have had a few problems so wanted to know if it normal or is mine a Friday afternnon job.

since picking up the car it has been back 13 times for warranty work or examination prior to warranty work.

new front suspension, rattles, headlights replaced, turbo sensors and trim falling off inside and out.
Not to mention the hesitation when accelerating from stand still which only gets better when the start stop and traction control is off.

currently I have a rattle coming from the roof above the drivers door, passenger side dash, drivers side dash and somewhere in the boot area. The drivers door creaks and rattles in a bend and the passenger seat creaks when braking.
oh and the clutch/gear change is about as smooth as a porcupine up your arse.

Appart from that, I love the car but wonder if I am unlucky with this one. Im looking to change to a GTI BPS but dont want all this hassle again.

First dealer I used were useless at fixing things and Peugeot UK were great for the first contact but lost interest as my problems got worse until the Manager dealing with me stopped returning calls and left it for a flunky to sort.

car now has 11k miles on tbe clock and on its second set of tyres - anyone else had problems?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rattles is pretty common thing to expect in a "french" car, trims falling off though? Clearly the robots at factory or individuals didn't assemble your car properly which sucks, hesitation when accelerating could be numerous of things.

I've had 4 misfires from day 1 i picked up my 64 plate with 21k on clock which is down to high and low fuel pump going.
So far its been going strong and i'm enjoying the car a bit more now..i'll be changing the ignition coils and spark plugs soon though as there are threads on the OEM ignition coils are rubbish.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
No problems like that and im on 9k (16 plate facelift too)

It had 1 minor brake issue to date.

Come 11k i will probably need new front tyres, and thats mainly motorway with little traffic light GP. I have the rattles too which can br minimised by using sticky back pads like the ones you use to protect your floor from furniture.

Admittedly, that just isnt good enough for a car of that mileage/ age.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're not the only one. I have a 15 plate facelift that seems to have been build on a Friday afternoon! Creeks , rattles , loose trim in the back around side windows. Rubber seal around panoramic roof has gone loose also. Some of these things were fixed under warranty. Currently trying to find a solution to creaking driver's seat and rattle in the roof - the two sliding panels are hitting against each other , actually considering removing them completely!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car is back in the garage tomorrow to check out the rattles, seat creak, saggy drivers seat and engine hesitation. I drove a GTI off the forecourt last week and it was totally different. Instant power and smooth gearbox.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Mine also suffers with rattles. Both door cards rattle and something behind the dash. The day I picked up my new gti prestige the rear grab handles were hanging off. Drivers side wiper arm was loose. Since then the car has been back for new front shocks due to a knocking noise. New front discs and pads because they glazed over. It's been back to the dealer today for oil and filter and I told them of an engine rattle under acceleration and noisy a/c compressor. Turn out there is a bulliton about failing compressors on the 208 range. If anyone is getting a topmount knocking noise from the passenger side then check to make sure your stop/start module on top of the battery cover is located properly, mine wouldn't stay in its clips and we think this was causing the knocking. Still love the car tho and just have to remember that it is French after all.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've an update from the garage... new driver seat is on order and the dashboard has to be removed to install foam inserts at the firewall/dash to stop it rattling.
Rear is getting sorted when the parts are in and the car will be in the garage 2/3 days.

The clutch has been adjusted which was great for a couple of days but is now back to its usual juddery way and the missfire/hesitation is still there.

Apart from that... still loving the car!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I have a Peugeot 208
1.2petrol , currently 30k miles and I also have ratling noise more or less all the time . Very annoying and any uneven surface enough to hear it instantly and also if I am in any gear on low rew.
Been checked and service mot done with no advisory..

I was not happy so someone else checked as well and changed bearing towers as the arms and the rest of them seemed good.
Unfortunately still have the same noise.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Have a good day

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peugeot 208 said:
Hello, I have a Peugeot 208
1.2petrol , currently 30k miles and I also have ratling noise more or less all the time . Very annoying and any uneven surface enough to hear it instantly and also if I am in any gear on low rew.
Been checked and service mot done with no advisory..

I was not happy so someone else checked as well and changed bearing towers as the arms and the rest of them seemed good.
Unfortunately still have the same noise.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Have a good day

·
Registered
2018 Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige, Black
3 Posts
I've an update from the garage... new driver seat is on order and the dashboard has to be removed to install foam inserts at the firewall/dash to stop it rattling.
Rear is getting sorted when the parts are in and the car will be in the garage 2/3 days.

The clutch has been adjusted which was great for a couple of days but is now back to its usual juddery way and the missfire/hesitation is still there.

Apart from that... still loving the car!!!

Were these covered under the warranty? I'm looking to collect an '18 GTi Prestige with a 24 month used warranty but so far seems like Peugeot want to get out of any responsibility to fixing even small issues

1 - 12 of 12 Posts