Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 1.2 Allure with Cielo panoramic glass roof, centre armrest and 6'' Helium technical grey alloy wheels.

Expected date last week in may / first week in June ......10 weeks

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Popped into my Dealer today who told me my Rioja Red Allure 1.2VTI 3 Door which I ordered on 25th March 2013, and was quoted a possible 12 week delivery, has been built and is in transit.

They expect it to be available for me within the next two weeks.

This makes it about 7 weeks delivery.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Hi,
My dealer did say to allow 12 weeks but he expected it to be quicker than that, but did not want to disappoint me if it took longer.
I was pleasantly surprised today, as I called in to see a new 208GTI in Rioja Red, the same colour as I have ordered. I did not see the colour before ordering, but thought it would be good if it was being used on the GTI's.
It certainly looks good, an I am delighted with the colour. Then the dealer told me it would almost certainly be delivered within the next two weeks, which really made my day.
I will post a picture when I get it.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I have the 1.4 VTI 208 allure and when i ordered mine it arrived in a matter of weeks. You will enjoy the car when you get it any way.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I had no issues at all when ordering my 208. Was told 12 weeks due to it being factory order. Ordered mine a week before you ordered yours and I got mine last monday.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
208_MJA said:
I had no issues at all when ordering my 208. Was told 12 weeks due to it being factory order. Ordered mine a week before you ordered yours and I got mine last monday.
Thanks........that's really what I wanted to hear .....

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Sch0 said:
208_MJA said:
Thanks........that's really what I wanted to hear .....
Hasn't the dealer got a idea of any time scale? something a little more then you'll be getting it before the end of the year lol. Luckily the dealer I got it from basically tracked it for me from when it left the factory so they had more accuate dates of expected arrival

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mines probably in transit..via Brazil!! Just had to tax and MOT the part ex ....huh, thought buying a car was supposed to be enjoyable? Now they want another£25 to put the number plate in retention or it will be ANOTHER 3 weeks on top! Was only a cheapo plate but one I can remember!Thanks anyway allfor your comments and delivery times etc, Maybe 'tis my fault for ordering automatic,,,don't get old you lot...it's no fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I
ordered my 208 on the 28th of Feb, from Bristol Street motors Ilkeston,
the dealers rang me up last week to say the guy who ordered my car,
& took my deposit has left, they had just found my folder, &
they wasn't sure how long it would be before the car arrived, but not
this month, I asked did they have an order number, & I would contact
Peugeot UK.
Customer Services have now wrote to me & told me the car hasn't
been ordered until the 2nd of May, so the 3 months I have waited don't
count!!! The Dealer hadn't even placed the order, & had lied to me.
Maybe, & only maybe, late June I could have my new car, I really feel like telling them to shove it where the Sun don't shine!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I
ordered my 208 on the 28th of Feb, from Bristol Street motors Ilkeston,
the dealers rang me up last week to say the guy who ordered my car,
& took my deposit has left, they had just found my folder, &
they wasn't sure how long it would be before the car arrived, but not
this month, I asked did they have an order number, & I would contact
Peugeot UK.
Customer Services have now wrote to me & told me the car hasn't
been ordered until the 2nd of May, so the 3 months I have waited don't
count!!! The Dealer hadn't even placed the order, & had lied to me.

Maybe, & only maybe, late June I could have my new car, I really
feel like telling them to shove it where the Sun don't shine!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found out today mines in Sheerness. He said it should be with the dealer middle of next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ordered mine mid March and was told last week to expect it mid August, after sulking and throwing a temper tantrum I now have a build date of mid July .....not holding my breath!! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I was you I would use it as bargaining power to get the extras that you couldnt afford when you ordered before walking away - its their fault that you have to wait so they should make it worth your while - get the accessories list out and start barganing .....and dont forget the full tank on delivery as part of the apology!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts