Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everone208 active 1.4vti thinking of buying 17"alloys with 205+55
what do you think of the size to big or ok

i would be greatfull for any help

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Davy,

17" are the standard on the feline - and I think they make the car - but I'm sure they are 205/45 - I don't know if it would alter your speedo ? - anyway get 'em !!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
If you replace the existing wheels for wheels with a larger diameter, you have to buy tires with a reduced profile to keep the circumference of the wheels the same.
If you don't your in for a shed load of problems with the speedo reporting wrong speeds etc.
If your looking to make the wheel fill the arch more then you need to lower the cards suspension.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi poloxi treated myself to a set of new 17"alloys calibre rapide silver tyres 205/45/17"
the speed difference between the two tyreswhen your doing 60mph with the original tyres
your doing 59.5 new alloy ps the original size 185/65/15"

208 active 1.4vti

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Hi Davy b,

Sounds good ! thats the right size - do you have pics of the wheels ? are they Peugeot or aftermarket - any difference in handling /ride ?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi poloxexpecting delivery on thursday or friday
they,r aftermarket alloys spoked silver
let you know how iget on once fitted

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice alloys! sets the car of wellspecially the red calliper ps did you paint the
m your self

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
alloys are 18 inch ACE alloys ( http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/18_Inch_Ace_205_Alloy_Wheels__24) and the original centre caps pop right in! my dads a mechanic so i put in on the ramp, took the alloys off and painted the callipers myself. rear chrome number plate surrounds set it off, and even the chrome aerial! front windows have a half tint in them and then the wind deflectors! roof spoiler did it for me!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Hi.....yes each to his own. But I wonder if Peugeot will honour their warrantee if there is a problem with wheel bearings or steering.....??

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi guys
went along to the dealership where i bought the car
talking to the mechanic i was going to fit 17"alloys to active 1.4vti
he said it should be alright as long as i stick to peugeot sizes
meaning 205/45/17

regardingmy insurance they said it should be alright to fit 17"alloys
to let know when fitted

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Insurance companies will alloy 2 inches outside the original alloy size no problem, they were happy for me to fit 18 inch alloys! My dad is a motor mechanic so if they were to cause any problems they would not be on the car!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi mcully92i see you have got& allure 1.4vti my car is active 1.4vti
just wondering if your car makes the same noise as i get with mine
in top gear between 30mph&40mph i get a high pitch sound
dealer said put some more miles uder the bonnet
if its making the same sound well get it check out

1 - 20 of 22 Posts