Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked up today to visit a shop, left the wife in the car with the keys in the ignition, while in the shop the alarm sounded off, nothing would stop it, it only stopped when my wife exited the car, any body any ideas? The alarm once sounded while the car was locked up inside my garage, sounded for about 2 mins and just stopped.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car in the dealers today to try and sort this out, fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car in the dealers all day, they said they couldn't find anything wrong, nothing came up on their computer. Mystery! Glad I took it in though because there was a recall notice for the 208 and mine was one of the cars effected.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
the recall for my GTI was done not long ago and was for a water cooling pipe on the turbo. I know a recall is due out on the normal model 208's soon because of spot welds on the axel or something. I don't think the GTI is affected by this.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alarm went off twice more last week, car just outside my house after arriving home, tried starting the engine but the alarm didn't stop. Into the dealers again on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer had to liaise with Coventry to get this sorted. They have re mapped the alarm system, updated it. Just have to wait now to see if it has been successful or not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts