Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone replaced the air filter? I want to instal a K&N filter but do not know where it's located to check the type and size.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Which engine do you have? My 1.2 is inside the rectangular box that is situated to the left of the battery on the side of the engine. Another easy way to find it is to trace your intake pipes back to the first box you see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have a 1.6 ltr engine, it's inside a box on the upper back part of the engine. I had to unscew several allen screws to get to it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I've replaced the air filter on a few cars now. Some with piper and some K&N, but there is no
Significant game. If you replace the induction system, then you get an induction noise, but again
No power increase. This is not a worthwhile mod unless it accompanies a whole host of other
Tuning upgrades. ( my opinion )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just ordered the K&N replacement filter for my car. Need to wait now for 2-3 weeks to get it delivered to Mexico and will instal it. I previously had a 2000 Ford Fiesta with K&N filter solution and HP increased, besides the nice motor sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts