Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a 208 allure model seems like has nice spec and comes with a dab radio.
Which engine would you go for was thinking the 1.6 92 BHP HDI. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Chosing between diesel or petrol engines, depends heavily on what your daily transportation needs is.A diesel engine, and especially the 1,6 HDI, needs to run at minimum of 15 miles on a regular basis. So if you live less than 15 miles from yor work, buy a petrol.I now was going to mention something about towwheights and so forth but after consulting peugeot.co.uk s website with specs for the 208 uk version, I've discovered that the specs for the UK and Denmark isn't the same. So I rest my case. ;-)
But my advice on length of drive stands. :)
Good luck chosing, and I know You won't regret it if you choose a 208 :-D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice,I do a fair few miles about 30 in to work and back and longer runs at the weekend so the HDI might be worth it.
I'm. Downsizing from a big car and it's a desiel model.have had a few peugeots in the past and we're great ,I love the styling of the 208.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No problem
and yes I also love styling of the 208.

When I was waiting for my new pug 208 to be delivered,I had the privilige, while on vacation at the island ofMajorca, to get an almost brand spanking new 208 1,4 hdi instead of the car I had reservedin advance, the picture said an Opel so when I got keys with a lion my heart skipped a beat

Whatjoy
Great car, Great holiday

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your info heje.I was wondering what is the 208 like to drive on the motorway is it quiet and smooth? The reason I ask is because I would be downsizing from a Opel vectra which is a nice quiet smooth car on the motorway but getting a bit old now and don't need a big car, anyway the 208 is quite spacious when I sat in it.goning to have to test drive one when before I buy one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think I'm the right to answer that. My previous car was a Suzuki Grand Vitara Van (no back seats) And the 208 I now own is the same (Van = no back seats)The 208 1,4 hdi I drove on my vacation though was reasonably quiet compared to the Suzuki and my 208 but you have to take into account that I was used to a higher noiselevel.

The reason why I choose a van conversion, is that in DK we basically pay a registration fee of 180 % of the cars value, so my car with the extras I've ordered would have been about 32000 £ for a 4 seater, as a van its (only)
about 21000 £. Later (3-4 yrs) I plan to do a reconversion and hopefully save a sh*t load off money

·
Registered
30 Posts
The diesel is a 4 cylinder and the petrol is a 3 cylinder but, I haven't heard the noiselevel of the 3 cylinder at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When accelerating the 1.2 makes a distinctive 3 cylinder sound. However at cruise speed I think it's more quiet than my previous cars (1.2 4 cylinder and 1.6 4 cylinder (Renault, Peugeot)).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.