Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm soon to be a new 208 owner (1.2 Active)! Just waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer! :D

I have a question for current owners though! When I test drove one, the accelerator kind of "clicked" just before it was pressed all the way to the floor. So it'd go in smoothly, then there'd be a bit of resistance at a certain point, and then it'd click in place to be fully pressed.

I asked the sales person what it was and he said he wasn't sure.

Is that a fault I should be watching out for or is it a special function on all of them? What's the point of it? The car was a manual so I don't think it had anything to do with the "kick down" thing you get in automatics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the click also. It has something to do with cruise control, but I can't remember exactly what. I know the dealer explained it to me, but as I loathe cruise control i wasn't paying too much attention.

I'll see if I can find out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
404notfound said:
I have the click also. It has something to do with cruise control, but I can't remember exactly what. I know the dealer explained it to me, but as I loathe cruise control i wasn't paying too much attention.

I'll see if I can find out.
Ah that's good to know! At least I won't be thinking the car is faulty when I pick it up now! :)

Thanks for the responses!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
The click is to override the cruise control or speed limiter in an emergency situation or if you just want to overtake someone etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts