Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have automatic dual-zone AC, and lately I have notice that there is sort of "grinding" noise a few seconds after it comes on.
I have a 1.6 eHDI 115, and the noise is best heard when fan is set on lowest and about 10 seconds after turning on the AC (after the "click" sound AC compressor makes), mainly on the right side of the car.
The noise is not so loud that you could hear it when the radio is on, or windows open (because normal engine noise is louder), but it is definitively there.
Could someone please try if you could also hear it or is it just my car..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer send question about that noise to the main "platform" in Germany, and got reply to change the right engine bearer. So they did, but the noise is still there and we're waiting for the "platform" to send what's next to do...

·
Registered
12 Posts
This thread got some years, but did they solve it?

Mine started to do the same sound when i had it for 6months, i have had it for almost a year now.

Soon the first service, and i will tell them that the ac is rattling, clearly hearable at lowest settings on fan..
Its get lower when ac is off, but its still there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bonjour!

Wifey informed me her 208 has a terrible noise coming from the cabin fan. I've tried it on heat & AC and at motor speeds 4 and 4 it's absolutely unbearable and vibrating the dash!

Just asking has anybody else had this trouble or something similar?

Thanks in advance

Antoine.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
The noise your hear from engine is probably a/c compressor. I had a new one on my gti which had the same problem. After 2 months the noise is back. Apparently a bulletin states that this is normal and not to change any parts. I now get vibration through the pedals when using the a/c and a horrible grumbling noise which is all said to be normal. I find a/c to be rubbish on these cars as they hardly even get cold and the compressor takes a lot off the engine and makes it run rough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bonjour!

Wifey informed me her 208 has a terrible noise coming from the cabin fan. I've tried it on heat & AC and at motor speeds 4 and 4 it's absolutely unbearable and vibrating the dash!

Just asking has anybody else had this trouble or something similar?

Thanks in advance

Antoine.
Hi,

I know it's been a while, but was this resolved? Mines just been in for a drive shaft, I've just got it back and it's doing the exact same, can't really use the ac!

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts