Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and I am thinking about buying a 208, need to get a test drive etc organised!

I just have a few questions though, this may sound silly but how many reversing lights does the 208 have, some cars have 2 and some have 1, do any of you know?

Also, does the allure come with floor mats as standard or are they an extra? And, I see an alarm is an extra, does this mean it doesn't have one?!

Oh and also, how is the 1.2vti engine? Has it got a bit of power behind it if necessary, for example overtaking, and accelerating on to a motorway with ease?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of useful information here. As to your questions, my Active 1.2 didn't come with floor mats as standard but I found the ones from my previous car (an Audi A4 1.8)fit really well so just transferred them to the 208. it has two reversing lights (I detest asymmetrical lighting of any sort) and a central fog light. As to the power output from the 1.2 three cylinder engine, some members of the forum report a flat spot between 2nd and 3rd gear although I must say I have not experienced anything like this myself. There is quite a gap between 4th and 5th which makes for very good economy but does mean that acceleration in 5th is not exactly breathtaking. However, on my motorway trips I find that I can drop down to 4th gear for overtaking when necessary and just go back to 5th afterwards.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! Thank you, yes I'm sure I will find lots of info on here! Thank you for your reply, good to know! Oh same, I'm glad it's got 2 reversing lights, I don't like just 1!!

Thank you for all the other information, it does help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts