Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would tuning/remapping affect the bsi in any sort of way like fried/malfunction?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had mine mapped, no problems at all. By BSI you mean ECU right?
Not sure, I found some information on another side that said BSI affect immobiliser, mileage display, lighting and many other Peugeot Citroen programmed settings, so it sounds like total different unit

·
Registered
208 Gti Prestige 2016
9 Posts
Not sure, I found some information on another side that said BSI affect immobiliser, mileage display, lighting and many other Peugeot Citroen programmed settings, so it sounds like total different unit
Yeah BSI and ECU are two totally different units. BSI mainly controls all interior stuff and alarm, ECU controls engine. Mapping won't effect the BSI as its put onto the ECU. 👍 Mapping can increase wear on the engine parts as you're pumping more power out of it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah BSI and ECU are two totally different units. BSI mainly controls all interior stuff and alarm, ECU controls engine. Mapping won't effect the BSI as its put onto the ECU. 👍 Mapping can increase wear on the engine parts as you're pumping more power out of it. Hope that helps.
Aight thx for the clarification man, cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts