Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just contacted Peugeot and they have confirmed my 208 GTi 63 reg has two recall notices.

ZPV - Coolant Sensor
ZQQ - Positive Battery Connector

Im phoning my local Peugeot dealer on Monday to get this sorted.

Peugeot also said that I should get the car checked over at its first 4,000 miles just to make sure everthing is o.k.

You might want to check with Peugeot directly to see if your GTI also has recalls on them.

UK number: 0845 600 4400

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I had an engine fault message come up on my car on Friday, so it is now in the garage being looked at. When I spoke to the garage today, they said that a recall notice has come up for coolant temperature sensor as well. Not heard anything about till today and then I read your post.

They said to me on Friday that the computer was saying it was the variable timing valve, but it's not coming up with anything now.
Does anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I am a new user as of yesterday, so only saw the conversation that I replied to. Maybe the subject was listed as something else, as I went into the messages that were highlighted GTI or recall. Maybe you could link me to it or point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I have had the 2 recalls done this week as per above, but now the engine fault light is permanently on and the power is restricted to 40/50 miles an hour/revs won't go above 2500. Petrol tank seems to be going down fast as well. I have rung my local dealership again, who don't seem to know what to do. They have emailed Peugeot for help this morning. Meanwhile I keep getting told its fine to drive, which I'm not very happy with to be honest.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I've had one of the recalls done this week as part of my service but they can't get hold of the part for the second recall as part in Paris. Not sure how long until they can get the part. Got them to check the gears/clutch as gear changes very clunky but they said everything was okay

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
There's 3 recalls in total but we were told that the first one had been done by the dealer before we picked the car up (we bought the demonstrator). Not sure what it was for

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Stevo

I had the engine fault repair required on my GTI it was sorted under warranty sounds very similar to mine including power loss. The cause was diagnosed as the engine vacuum pipe having a pin hole all sorted now back to full bhp. Pete

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hy I have had the same fault on my 208 gti it has come up twice now ..1st time was in feb 14 with engine fault seek repaire ,stayed on for 2 days and then went ..still took it to perry's in Blackburn ,they couldn't find any fault and reset ecu ..then in march 14. Got same message again ..stayed on for 1 day this time ...booked it in they did the 3 recalls and told me it was the variable timing valve and if it happens again I will ave to bring it back for a week and have a full engine strip down /rebuild .. Problem is its not a rare thing , a guy at work has a RCZ and a year ago same problem / same engine .. Something to do with the drive chain going slack ... No wonder the new mini has a new engine .... Cause the 1.6 thp is what they call sh#te.! I have also got problems with my hand brake sticking on ...and a strange noise coming from the rear of the car like metal taping / grinding .. Told the dealer / perry's / we don't care now we been payed shop ..and they said my brakes are fine and no fault at all .. Just been to a independent garage and his words were ..the scoring on your brake discs look like a car that's 3 yrs old not 11 months .somthings is not write there ... Looks like its back to the dealer yet again next week .

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I was contacted by my dealer today to organise a date to go in regarding the engine temp sensor and the battery cable. Going to see if they'll upgrade my sat nav while it's in. Apparently full postcode searching is now available through the update (don't hold me to that though!)

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Mines booked in for Tuesday for the recalls. Still can't believe I wasn't contacted about them.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
So , been in for first service today ..
All recalls corrected but they can't find any problem with touch screen .. I guess i should take it to them on a cold morning !!
I asked for them to update the nav as one ir two others have had done & was told that would be £215 thank you !!!!!!!
So no full postcode entry for me then

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 208 GTI car has been in the garage for 2 days now and I was told yesterday, that they don't know how to fix it. It has been back and forth about 3 times now. A bit concerned that even a Peugeot garage doesn't know what to do. It all started with an engine warning light fault. Any ideas? They've replaced the recall parts and meant to have done something with the variable timing valve.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
There are 3 recalls outstanding for the GTI, only found out about them when I booked my car in for it's first service next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
did you get this resolved and how many discs/pads have you had on your car? I am noe having to replace them again on the rear and the car has only done 22k miles. They were changed 3.5K miles ago and garage trying to insist stones causing the problem! Only on back brakes though and in all of them twice. Sound like a defect?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts