Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally detailed last weekend. so got my ammunition ready.

washed using the 2 bucket method

as you can see its lightly swirled from the dealer. So used meguiars ultimate polish on a DA, 2 passes at a low speed then 1 high speed pass.

and the result. Then topped with Megs ultimate wax (big mistake)

Happy for now. Building up the bodyshop range again :D so it will be getting proper sealant and wax :D

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Black is a hard colour to keep up but when you do it is stunning.

PS. why did you say theMegs ultimate wax was a big mistake? I had been using Autoglym Liquid Hard Wax (very long lasting) on my boat and 207 and for my 208 THP156's first wax but as you saw in my other thread,have just switched to using a sealant (Fireglaze Plus) and Autoglym HiDef wax. There seems to be a lot of good sealants out there now a days (e.g. Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109) which give, beside protection, a good shine. The addition of a good wax on top of the sealant just gives your car that extra depth of gloss and richer colour saturation. Now, after a week of driving around in bad weather, when the sun does shine, I am still amazed how great the car looks.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a big mistake cause in the 10 years of using Megs products I have never had one that has been such back breaking work (literally its pulled my back out lol). Going for some collinite 476s next, but need a decent sealant as well as some glaze. So gotta save the pennies

1 - 6 of 6 Posts