Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the radio off on the car?

Everytime I start the engine, the radio comes on. I dont listen to it all the time, and while it's only a little thing, it's bugging me already.

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi JustAdd,I keep the source setting on AUX and then use the SRC button on the steering wheel when I want to select the radio or USB. The trick then is to remember to re-select AUX when turning off the engine! Not an infallible method in my case.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The car will remember if you muted the radio when started next time.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, same here, muting the sound doesn't keep that setting when I turn the car on again. I've just got into the habit of pressing the button on the touchscreen as soon as I start the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pompe said:
Gio said:
Mine doesn't remember if I muted the sound
U need to have latest firmware for SMEG!

In v3.17 it will remember if mute is on or not for example :)

Thanks - is this something I can do myself ? Or is there a way of finding out what my firmware is? - The car is only 2 weeks old.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
JustAddFuel said:
pompe said:
Gio said:
Mine doesn't remember if I muted the sound
U need to have latest firmware for SMEG!

In v3.17 it will remember if mute is on or not for example :)

Thanks - is this something I can do myself ? Or is there a way of finding out what my firmware is? - The car is only 2 weeks old.
Press and hold menu button and it will popup a secret information menu. There can you see what version you have. Write all down here, for example. 3.15.B.R1 181188 or something.

And yes, you can upgrade it by yourself. its easy and takes about 15min.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hi Pompe,

Please can you let us know where we can get firmware 3.17 from? I was under the impression only people with the satnav could get online updates, is that not the case?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hi.

No one can get "OTA" (Over The Air) Updates...
I haveSMEG 3.17.AR3 Firmware, i can upload it for you also.

What version do you have atm ?

EDIT-

I don't know where people get these firmwares, I found this on a french gps forum.
But once you have a newer firmware on your computer, you only have to format(FAT32) a working usb-stick and put in your car. Start the car and follow the instructions :p

Its that simple. The hard part is to get the newest firmware... for free..

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Had the same problem.
I popped into my local dealer'sone lunch time last week and explained this issue (and also the fact that my touch screen does not always switch on when I start the car, even though the radio can be heard) and I asked if they would check whether the latest firmware was installed.

They upgraded the firmware under warranty and now the car "remembers" when that the radio unit was muted when the ignition was switched off.

Can't tell you the firmware version off the bat, only that it was dated 16 April 2014.

Now... I have had a couple of instances when the radio continued playing, at a very low volume, AFTER switching the engine off and removing the key from the ignition!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
My GTI had to go into the dealer because the alarm kept going off randomly, they did an upgrade on the system with the result being that you cannot use the knob on the radio at all now, you can only turn the radio on and off with the steering wheel controls, they told me that this was normal now on later models.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Really!?

I would phone another dealer and verify that it's a "design feature" of the new upgrade. Can't see it personally. I have the latest firmware and the knob works as designed. Admittedly mine does not have satnav, and my car does not have an alarm.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I think your "top tech" is being lazy. There is no way I am willing to believe that the radio knob has had it's functionality deliberately reduced, that makes no sense at all, especially as others including myself with the latest firmware have it working just fine. I find most Peugeot technicians I've dealt with will spin a load of it when they don't know or just can't be bothered to deal with a technical issue.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
BlueFin said:
I think your "top tech" is being lazy. There is no way I am willing to believe that the radio knob has had it's functionality deliberately reduced, that makes no sense at all, especially as others including myself with the latest firmware have it working just fine. I find most Peugeot technicians I've dealt with will spin a load of it when they don't know or just can't be bothered to deal with a technical issue.
Ain't that the truth!
My smeg has 3.17 and the knob works just fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts