Peugeot 208 Forums banner

421 - 440 of 447 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
joncr said:
Is there an update to this? If so where do I download please. It hasn't sat-nav just the now pointless "connected apps".
Did you look at the post before yours?

There is no "Official" (peugeot) site for firmware. the firmware has been extracted from someone working at PSA (peugeot or Citroen) who has uploaded it to the net.

https://www.gpspower.net/peugeot-citroen.html

join the forums, and go to that link. ask you questions there, though plenty of Sticky threads for the main firmwares.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, please help I need the SMEG 3.20 or 3.21 firmware and cannot find it anywhere to download. Please could you post a link?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Has SMEG been dropped now?

I have a new 208 GTI BPS on order (Not yet built) and my current BPS has 6.1.D.R19 on the Smeg unit which I'm not bothering updating as it goes back soon (Lease).

Rick.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
GiT said:
Has SMEG been dropped now?
Yes from approx Feb 2017 or around that time SMEG was replaced.

RCC (Bosch) Radio

NAC (Continental) Radio and SatNav (TomTom)

both units have Software updates available to download free of charge for the infotainment system and then NAC also have TomTom Map Updates too.

Also the NAC usually comes with TomTom Live Services (3 years from new) and then subscription only.

these updates are available here:

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/servicing/map-system-updates/  - Scroll down to bottom and enter VIN number, click OK, then takes you to a new page with Software Update+License (if no net connection available) and for NAC TotTom Map updates (3-4 of them a year) are also listed.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I can vouch for being able to update maps easily and quickly via the official source. I grabbed them from Peugeot yesterday as described above and applied them to my unit (it's some variation of SMEG, the one that runs firmware v5.something).

Put stick in, go to Navigation on the head unit, then click the blue icon on the left and then the maps tab - it then comes up with a list of updates for you. Dead simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am currently trying to update the firmware on my touchscreen and I am being prompted with a message saying there is insufficient memory but the USB drive I am using has over 50gb space spare, am I missing something? All help greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am currently trying to update the firmware on my touchscreen and I am being prompted with a message saying there is insufficient memory but the USB drive I am using has over 50gb space spare, am I missing something? All help greatly appreciated!

File system limited to 32Gb on Fat/Fat32 idea being that if you are storing large files MS want you using NTFS for security and stability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just a quick tip for anyone having issues with RCC / SMEG updates recently, take an extra 10 minutes to do a full FAT32 (Not quick) format on your USB stick of choice, and make sure it's atleast 16Gb capacity.

My last update went fine on exactly the same stick, headunit having none of it. Redownloaded firmware twice and did CRC. STILL NO. Full format cured it.

https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/78/0/instructions-for-updating-the-rcc-software-system.489780.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm on software SMEG6.1.D.R8
CD: 30468
DATED: 11-09-15

on my Peugeot 208. What's the latest update I can install?

Thank you all very much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I've trawled through loads of pages of this thread which has been really informative - so thanks for everyone's contributions.

I've only really got one question that I can't answer:

I've got a 2015 GTi running SMEG5.2.A.R9. If I update this to the latest version, what benefits are there?

Also, looking at a few posts from others, the SMEG3 software seems to have a much better looking interface than mine - despite the fact that it's an older version? Or am I missing something?

Cheers

Pete

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
Hi. I've trawled through loads of pages of this thread which has been really informative - so thanks for everyone's contributions.

I've only really got one question that I can't answer:

I've got a 2015 GTi running SMEG5.2.A.R9. If I update this to the latest version, what benefits are there?

Also, looking at a few posts from others, the SMEG3 software seems to have a much better looking interface than mine - despite the fact that it's an older version? Or am I missing something?

Cheers

Pete
Pete

Personaly I would not update. Extra features are never what the update was for, just minor changes and even then PSA, and Marelli Motori, (software/Headunit manufacturer) do not list the changes to the public.

I also found instructions from ServiceBox that once the update is finished, you MUST carry out Calibration. this involves you having a servicebox account (paid service) with PSA and diagbox connected to the internet and ODB socket. you then download a file from PSA servers to upload to the head unit. I have not check for v5 updates, but v6.x require this calibration.

CAUTION : The diagnostic tool must be at the latest update version available on the server
CAUTION : If this SMEG+i V2 audio-navigation system calibration update is not carried out, the audio quality of telephone communications will be seriously affected
you may update to another v5 firmware but tbh you wont see any difference.

If you looking for extra features then a headunit swapout would be the recommended way forward. Something like:

10.2 Car Android 8.0 Radio for Peugeot 208 2008 Stereo GPS Navigation Headunit https://ebay.us/trLShO

should suffice.

the 5.x firmware can get gained from here: https://www.gpspower.net/peugeot-citroen/336981-firmwares-smeg.html

(Account needed to download)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I am a Japanese 208 owner.

My RCC version is 074D. but it does not support Android Auto in japan. only carplay.
I have heard that version support Android Auto and Apple carplay in UK and other countries.
Does anyone know how to enable Android Auto at my 208?
Need RCC update?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi People,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Not sure where is the best to ask as I am new here.

I'll like to do the following for my 2014 reg 208. Currently SMEG 3.17.A.R3

Pls, advise. if this is possible, if not what are the alternatives?

1 - Retrofit/upgrade to a NAC unit so I can get navigation, car play/android auto where possible.

2 - Update SMEG software if a retrofit/upgrade of the unit is not possible

3 - Retrofit a reverse cam into the unit SMEG or NAC

4 - Retrofit parking sensors into the unit SMEG or NAC

I'll be glad if you can help with more info e.g. links for how to do this, part numbers, where to buy, more forums, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Think you will find it is the phone.I have a one plus one which connects fine but my one plus two causes the unit to reboot when connected via Bluetooth.I now have a HTC e9 which connects via Bluetooth with no problems but can't get mirror link to work gggrrr
With the OnePlus 2, you'll need to get the "Bluetooth Phonebook" app, the it wil fix reboot situation :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to post my experience with restarting issue. I was on 6.1.D.R19 (facelift Peugeot 208 2016), updated to SMEG 6.3.0.R6 as the newest one has a bug with the FM radio apparently. I had CarPlay enabled before, it was still enabled after the update. It didn't seem to need configuring, but on the vehicle information page had some extra buttons. I booked it into the dealer, they did the configuration and charged me for 15 minutes of work which removed those extra buttons.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi People,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. Not sure where is the best to ask as I am new here.

I'll like to do the following for my 2014 reg 208. Currently SMEG 3.17.A.R3

Pls, advise. if this is possible, if not what are the alternatives?

1 - Retrofit/upgrade to a NAC unit so I can get navigation, car play/android auto where possible.

2 - Update SMEG software if a retrofit/upgrade of the unit is not possible

3 - Retrofit a reverse cam into the unit SMEG or NAC

4 - Retrofit parking sensors into the unit SMEG or NAC

I'll be glad if you can help with more info e.g. links for how to do this, part numbers, where to buy, more forums, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Are you still looking for a new headunit by any chance?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, first time posting and trying to update firmware.

I've got the dreaded rebooting problem, and I've done as much research as I can but just don't want to risk bricking my system, so would appreciate some confirmation.
I've got a 2016 reg 208, with SMEG6.1.D.R19 currently.

Am I right in saying I can update to 6.4.A.R10? Or would people recommend a different one?

421 - 440 of 447 Posts