Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The press release for the new Peugeot 108 reads...

"The all-new Peugeot 108 brings the urban car into a new era with its large touch-screen in the middle of the dashboard. Standard from Active trim, this 7-inch display boosts the relationship between car and driver to a new high. It is the interface for the audio system, trip computer and for vehicle settings, but using Bluetooth® connectivity is also the access point for the driver's smartphone.

The user can connect the phone's applications that are compatible with use in a vehicle using Mirror Screen. This function operates using MirrorLinkTM technology for telephones running on Android, RIM and Windows, and by AppInCar for telephones running on Apple's iOS.

It means the touch-screen in the Peugeot 108 becomes a mirror image of the connected smartphone. The driver then operates their smartphone from the car's touch-screen. Depending on the telephone connected, applications can also be operated by voice commands using a voice recognition system."

-----

Does anybody know if this will be available on the Peugeot 208 via a Software/Firmware/SMEG update?

I really do hope so!!! iOS in the Car is tipped to be launched with iOS7.1

Just out of interest - What is the latest SMEG version for the Peugeot 208 (Non SatNav)

Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I wouldn't get your hopes up. The 2008 has a Smeg+ unit whereas the 208 just has standard Smeg. Simple features like themes available on the 2008 touchscreen aren't available on the 208 due to so called hardware restrictions. I highly doubt they'll give the 208 mirrorlink as it would undermine their sales of the satnav and peugeot apps, and if they did they would have to anticipate some angry customers who paid extra for the satnav! From a business point of view it wouldn't make sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts