Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all the Gti owners.
Peugeot dealers are recalling 208 Gti to replace the temperature sensor. ( over here in France anyway )

Aparently the factory had received a batch of faulty sensors which were installed in some cars!

Problem typically occures at around 3000km onwards.

I had mine replaced just beginnig of this week.

Call the dealer to book a date..

All the jobs are done free as you would expect!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Hi guys just to let u kno as my car has been in having some work done they phoned me today to tell me that on fri peugeot issued the recall on the sensor, i would give them a ring and get them booked in asap

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Having read the above, I contacted Peugeot directly and they checked if my GTI was one of the affected vehicles under the recall and indeed it was. So it's well worth contacting Peugeot and asking them to check for any recall notices on your vehicle. Even if yours isn't one that's affected, it's at least a piece of mind knowing that.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Yes defiantly mine is getting changed tomorrow and the car is all fixed and sorted, get my gti back for pod on sunday :)

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
just checked at my dealer & mine is due to be changed . .
booked in at the time of my first service . .

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Had mine changed peugeot was great for service
Done under warranty and even offered to clean car
Which I declined as I detail my own car thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My GTi developed an overheating/engine fault problem. Booked into my Peugeot dealer to have them look at it, turned out there were four outstanding recall notices on my car!
Engine temp sensor.
Re-torquing of bolts holding the cat
Cooling hoses not clipped in
and a further one which alludes me just now.

All work was done under warranty.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Interesting that some newer cars seem to have the dud temp sensor fitted. Mine was changed almost a year ago. No problem since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts