Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all, A little in the dark on the underside of the world. Is there any info on WHEN, or indeed IF, a GTi- R will happen.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Will it be called a 208 GTi R or just a 208 R? There's not much on the subject, they've got a 260bhp thp it's if the put it in a 208. But I reckon probley next year with the release of the new 308. 260 horses in a 208 mmmm. Ill probley be having a 308 R if the do one. This is the last of my small cars
won't be able to put her of having kids for much longer

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
It was first mentioned last year, perhaps they were waiting on sales results from the GTI to see if it was worth doing?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

Could be something to announce at the next Paris Motor Show?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer said that it will be middle to end of next year if it comes out. I was going to upgrade to the gti from my thp156 but holding fire. They usually have 2 versions of a gti so I expect it will happen, it's just a case of when lol

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Properly not
but in the 2 0 range I suppose your right, however there been a few more GTi's than that.
So....

205 1.6 and 1.9 but in later life when the cat was added to the 1.9 it dropped a few bhp,
309 GTi
P2 106 GTi. P1 only went up to xsi

P1/2/3 306 GTi-6. Rallye had the same engine but lighter than P2/3 GTi-6 but ont P1
As you said the 2 206 GTis 1 a 137 bhp and the other a 180 bhp
207 GTi a pretty pony car by all accounts
And now the 208 but there's properly a few I've missed

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Yeah just read that too. Here is a screen shot for anyone who has not yet bought the mag;<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.