Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, A little in the dark on the underside of the world. Is there any info on WHEN, or indeed IF, a GTi- R will happen.Thanks.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Will it be called a 208 GTi R or just a 208 R? There's not much on the subject, they've got a 260bhp thp it's if the put it in a 208. But I reckon probley next year with the release of the new 308. 260 horses in a 208 mmmm. Ill probley be having a 308 R if the do one. This is the last of my small cars
won't be able to put her of having kids for much longer

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
It was first mentioned last year, perhaps they were waiting on sales results from the GTI to see if it was worth doing?<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

Could be something to announce at the next Paris Motor Show?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer said that it will be middle to end of next year if it comes out. I was going to upgrade to the gti from my thp156 but holding fire. They usually have 2 versions of a gti so I expect it will happen, it's just a case of when lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 206 had the standard gti at 137bhp and the gti 180bhp although it looks like the 207 gti was only release in 175bhp. I'm too young to remember the 205gti lol

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Properly not
but in the 2 0 range I suppose your right, however there been a few more GTi's than that.
So....

205 1.6 and 1.9 but in later life when the cat was added to the 1.9 it dropped a few bhp,
309 GTi
P2 106 GTi. P1 only went up to xsi

P1/2/3 306 GTi-6. Rallye had the same engine but lighter than P2/3 GTi-6 but ont P1
As you said the 2 206 GTis 1 a 137 bhp and the other a 180 bhp
207 GTi a pretty pony car by all accounts
And now the 208 but there's properly a few I've missed

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
according to todays Auto Express the 208 GTI-R will be available in about 2 years time.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Yeah just read that too. Here is a screen shot for anyone who has not yet bought the mag;<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll hang fire and wait for that I think, don't see the point upgrading to the standard gti :) in 2 years my warranty will pretty much be up too, so good timing lol

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
The Pikes Peak edition with 220hp is confirmed. I'm going to put my money on them not bringing out a 208R

·
Registered
33 Posts
Asked peugeot direct and there's still no definate gti-r (or 208 R) they said everything else is rumours and they're currently focussing on the launch of the rcz-r but it's not ruled out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts