Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to one and all, will soon, well 12 weeks
be the proud owner of a White 208 GTI.
Traded in my 156 RCZ after taking a test drive. Have hit the options list hard but what a car, can't wait.

First post and first gripe, what is it with the motoring press, all this about the steering wheel blocks the clocks, well I am an average 6 foot and I had no problem, yes the wheel is set lower, but that is the design, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I test drove the Fiesta ST, not my cup of tea but lots will like it and I hope they enjoy them, choice and preference is what makes us individuals.
I had to have my RCZ wheel pulled closer to me and higher than I would ideally like but we get used to these things, we had a Civic Type R and that wheel had to set just so or it would block the clocks. Sorry
Rant over.

So, my spec is: White, Sat Nav and SOS packs, Panoramic roof, Cornering assist front fog lamps, Front arm rest (That should be standard), heated seats, Onyx black wheels and rear window blind.

So I raise my glass, but not when driving , to all on the forum,
Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing some pics of you GTI when you get it. Really agree with you about the driving position. I am also 6' and I don't have any problems with the small steering wheel or the visibility of the dashboard in general. I tried other cars before choosing my 208 but they all involved some compromise in the seating position with which I wasn't too comfortable. The 208 fit like a glove

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Isn't it funny I'm 6'2" and the first thing I said when I got in the GTi for my test drive was I can see the dials. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi 208Bhoy,
Welcome to the forum, had my 115bhp Feline for 2 weeks now and absolutely luv it...this steering wheel thing is just media stuff, i'm nearly 6ft and I luv the driving position, can see the dials clearly and easily..if you like lying on your back to drive with the seat set to it's lowest then you can't see the dials, but then you can't see the road ahead either !! Tried several new cars before buying and found the 208 the best. Why has the A1 got top stars ?? I found it bland, boring and small inside....but as you say you pays your money youtakes your choice.

My son has just ordered a white gti also, only extra being the armrest which strangely is standard on the feline...he can't wait to get his, and after having a test drive with him foundit was absolutely outstanding.... bringing Peugeot back to the old 205 Gti days...

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi every one nice to be here :) i pick my gti up on the 11th of july i love it mine is a demo model and they let me use it for 2 hours its a real beast in black i currently drive a seat leon fr supercopa in diesel but wow does the little pug smash it out of the water i will posts some pics bet you can not wait to pick up your gti :) and the steering wheel is fine lol im 5ft 8 no problems with it at all :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
My son has just been told his factory order has arrived...that was quick he ordered it 2 weeks ago...now he can't wait to pick it up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The standard of car reviewers is pretty poor..... they all latch onto the same issues.... it's as though they are desperate to say something. I find the driving position one of the best I have known in all the cars I have driven (I am 5 feet 7 inches). One thing I do have an issue with is the GPS not accepting post codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucky guy, I bet he can't. Hope he really enjoys it
, must say that I look at the 208's on the road and wish I had mine. Still good things come to those who wait, or in my case those that have to wait

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jamesy208boy said:
hi every one nice to be here :) i pick my gti up on the 11th of july i love it mine is a demo model and they let me use it for 2 hours its a real beast in black i currently drive a seat leon fr supercopa in diesel but wow does the little pug smash it out of the water i will posts some pics bet you can not wait to pick up your gti :) and the steering wheel is fine lol im 5ft 8 no problems with it at all :D
Hmm nice, black was high on my colour list, they do look in black, I will be interested to hear how you get on with it, post a picture or two if you can when it arrives. Enjoy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts