Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i own a 208 gti 14 plate cant find any info or you tube vid about serviving it oil change ect i will be doing this my self , just wantes to see if there are any tips for access

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Very easy, take the bottom cover off to access drain bolt. Filter is just under the turbo compressor side, you may have to remove a few things to gain access, otherwise, piece of cake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one I have seen the sump drain and filter just the access , what oil do you recommend I am thinking of 0w 30 total quartz first

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
dayjamba said:
Nice one I have seen the sump drain and filter just the access , what oil do you recommend I am thinking of 0w 30 total quartz first
0-30 or 5-30 Total is OK. I'm using 5-40 and change oil+filter every 10000km (~6200miles?)

Tools, you need 27mm socket for the oil filter.
Drain plug is 8mm(if I remember correctly) hex key.

But yeah, it really is piece of cake. Doing an oil change takes about 10-15min for me.

Edit - oh forgot about plasti cover underneath, 10mm socket for those bolts and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys.

Looking to change the oil in my GTi at some point over the weekend. Got everything I need to do it but was wondering what needs to be removed to get to the oil filter? Is it just the air intake and it's down below that? Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just make sure you use proper 0w30 oil

Any other oil doesn't play well with timing chain in future and also using other oil will void warranty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you guys really ever need an oil change? Any oil l put in disappears out the exhaust pipe. A litre every 1000 miles is the normal according to Peugeot so a 3.25 sump and filter capacity over a12000 mile service means l never need an oil change in my estimation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you guys really ever need an oil change? Any oil l put in disappears out the exhaust pipe. A litre every 1000 miles is the normal according to Peugeot so a 3.25 sump and filter capacity over a12000 mile service means l never need an oil change in my estimation.
What oil are you using? Even though it's 'using' it and needs topping up. You should still do an annual change of the oil and oil filter. Officially Peugeot only recommend the Total Quartz Ineo First 0w-30 oil for the GTi engine now.

This is to keep deposit build up to a minimum and reduce oil consumption. If your not using that oil it may explain some of your usage.

I wouldn't expect to be putting in a litre every 1000 miles even if you drive it hard once it's warmed up. That would tell me something isn't right somewhere.
Do you get blue smoke on a cold start? Are there any leaks you can see under the car or around the engine?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys.

Looking to change the oil in my GTi at some point over the weekend. Got everything I need to do it but was wondering what needs to be removed to get to the oil filter? Is it just the air intake and it's down below that? Cheers
Hi guys.

remove this!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What oil are you using? Even though it's 'using' it and needs topping up. You should still do an annual change of the oil and oil filter. Officially Peugeot only recommend the Total Quartz Ineo First 0w-30 oil for the GTi engine now.

This is to keep deposit build up to a minimum and reduce oil consumption. If your not using that oil it may explain some of your usage.

I wouldn't expect to be putting in a litre every 1000 miles even if you drive it hard once it's warmed up. That would tell me something isn't right somewhere.
Do you get blue smoke on a cold start? Are there any leaks you can see under the car or around the engine?
No l don't that's the strange thing. Now the oil is halfway down the dipdtick l suddenly seem not to be using hardly any oil. It's really weird. Any idea?

Thanks for your reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts