Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Holland and a few days ago I traded in my current girly car
for a 208 GTi.
It's a brand new one (2014), with panoramic roof and arm-rest as 2
additional options. Love the panoramic roof, for the high-up overhanging
traffic lights!

Will pick it up next week. Currently I'm driving a Fiat 500C TA85, and although it has its advantages (size/running costs, complete package)... I have started to dislike it more and more. Have owned it for over a year now but has had quite some engine/fluids-related problems the past months. But also the extremely cold plastic steering wheel is terrible these days
and the seating position is just too bloody high. Was curious about the engine, and even though it is surprisingly powerful for a 0.9L, it is really like an old diesel.

Having had quite a few Pugs over the years (306cab2.0/106Rallye1.6/2*206GTi/2*107) and loving the smaller and faster models, my eye was set on the 208GTi. Have viewed/read many reviews, almost always agains Clio/Fiesta... and I think the 208 will be the best one for me. Don't like the front of the Clio and that it hasn't got a manual gearshift. The Fiesta seems to be the best hothatch of the bunch but ride is said to be very firm, model is old, and interior a bit cheap. Also here in Holland the Fiesta seems to be even slightly more expensive (!?) than a 208.

Looking forward to driving it, because believe it or not, I haven't even test-driven it

I came across this 208 (GTi) forum, which seems to be kind of the biggest one around for the 208? But if any other good forums on this topic exist please let me know

Edited by: groenteboer

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Hi & welcome
I'm sure you will love to drive the gti !!

Let us know your thoughts after picking her up

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site. I also pick up my new GTi in just over two weeks - 01/03/14. Looking forward to the 2 hour drive home. Hope you like your new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it!
Wow it's such a cool car. The blinded windows, very bright white color and the red accents (brakes/front grille/badges) and the interior,... what a pearl.
Don't really like the idea having to ride through the dirty weather it is here in the Netherlands, and having to park it outside and in public garages every day. But that's a choice I made. That's just the way it is. Panoramic roof looks great on this white car! I would say much better than without it.

So today I drove my first km's with it (no testdrive), and I think I can say it is pretty much like I expected. Haven't gone past 3000rpm yet, but you can feel the strength of the engine, has no problems with 1000-1200rpm,... where my previous car, the TwinAir acted like it was going to explode and die ;)
Another funny difference with the 500C is the way it takes speedbumps, the GTi crawls over them without any drama, where the 500C bounces over them!

Car is a dream!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts