Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'm having problems with my 208 GTI 2013, started to misfire and the engine warning light has now come on.
Took it to the garage and they replaced the coil pack and spark plugs, unfortunately this hasn't fixed the issue and it still misfires,
After a restart the car runs fine just with the light on, but when it misfires it loses power no boost.
The fault happens as I put my foot down, starts to become lumpy then the light comes on and the misfire occurs.
The fault seems intermittent, with now codes for CAN-bus etc unsure what to look at next!
Also the fans come on instantly as well.
any help is much appreciated!
thanks James.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Have you tried the sensor in the turbo. Had to change mine because the car kept going into limp mode

·
Registered
1 Posts
High pressure fuel pump. Check pressure with a scan tool it it drops with the misfire it could well be the pump. Easy to fit expensive to buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
High pressure fuel pump. Check pressure with a scan tool it it drops with the misfire it could well be the pump. Easy to fit expensive to buy.
That was my next plan to start looking at the fuelling side, thankyou mate, give me something to try!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

This sounds like the HPFP, happened to me at the beginning of the year exact same situations, misfires, limp mode, fan not turning off after it happened. Took ages to diagnose as the readings wouldn't play ball when taking it to the mechanics. Went through the whole spark plugs coil pack swaps etc and finally had it swapped. Not happened since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I'm having problems with my 208 GTI 2013, started to misfire and the engine warning light has now come on.
Took it to the garage and they replaced the coil pack and spark plugs, unfortunately this hasn't fixed the issue and it still misfires,
After a restart the car runs fine just with the light on, but when it misfires it loses power no boost.
The fault happens as I put my foot down, starts to become lumpy then the light comes on and the misfire occurs.
The fault seems intermittent, with now codes for CAN-bus etc unsure what to look at next!
Also the fans come on instantly as well.
any help is much appreciated!
thanks James.
I have just replaced the high pressure fuel pump on my 63 plate for the same reasons. If you are still having the issue, let me know...🙁

·
Registered
63 Plate 208 GTi
2 Posts
That was my next plan to start looking at the fuelling side, thankyou mate, give me something to try!

Have you had any update with your issue?

Mine problem sounds identical to yours, except I have already changed the HPFP last year, and the car does not go back to normal after I stop/start it. I floored it down today and the engine juddered, engine light came on and the fan also came on.

This car is giving me a headache now because this is my forth breakdown. first time with the Coolant pump, then it was a LPFP when it didn't start but the AA guy only tapped the tank underneath and it worked fine. then it was HPFP which was changed last year. and now this again....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts