Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too sure whether anyone is interested in this topic but ive heard that the R56 JCW Turbo can be used in the 208 GTI. However, ive not seen anyone who has actually done it, so I bit the bullet and decided to go for it. Just waiting for the last few parts to arrive and the build will begin.

I will keep the thread updated for anyone who is interested and I will post power gains once mapped.

Thansk,
Ellis.

·
Premium Member
1991 205 GTi 1.9 Red ; 2014 208 GTi AE #071 White
361 Posts
Nice mate. Any idea what to expect?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
What internal mods do you plan to do?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Manifold looks the goods! Nice!

Considering that the 308 GTi has forged internals with 270, I'd say that 300+ on stock gear is absolutely stretching it. Particularly the THP200. Surely these guys must have done something to strengthen it up to get those numbers??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Manifold looks the goods! Nice!

Considering that the 308 GTi has forged internals with 270, I'd say that 300+ on stock gear is absolutely stretching it. Particularly the THP200. Surely these guys must have done something to strengthen it up to get those numbers??
To be honest that is my exact thoughts on it. Im not planning on forging the engine but if I start seeing problems or signs of failure it will definitely be getting forged

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Sweet as mate. Have you spoken to Pug1Off or Dervtech for any advice. These guys would probably give you a definitive answer and point you in the right direction. Certainly not telling ya how to do your build but I'd be treading carefully with a stock donk. Would be a shame to throw all this cash at it only to go bang.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet as mate. Have you spoken to Pug1Off or Dervtech for any advice. These guys would probably give you a definitive answer and point you in the right direction. Certainly not telling ya how to do your build but I'd be treading carefully with a stock donk. Would be a shame to throw all this cash at it only to go bang.
to be completely honest mate, I havent spoke to either about it, Although after reading this I think its something i should definitely do. I did mention what turbo i would be using an they give me a rough power figure that I potentially could hit and only really mentioned that the clutch may be an issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to be completely honest mate, I havent spoke to either about it, Although after reading this I think its something i should definitely do. I did mention what turbo i would be using an they give me a rough power figure that I potentially could hit and only really mentioned that the clutch may be an issue.
Spoke to dervtech today they said its luck of the draw with what power they can take.(Guessing this depends on services and overall condition of the internals). They told me that they have had these engines with completely stock internals running 320bhp+ comfortably with no issues.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
OK interesting. 320 with stock internals? Wow. I was always under the impression that these figures needed some serious upgrades.
I suppose as they said, 'it's the luck of the draw'. Good to know that they have had some stock units running those numbers but I wonder how many went bang??
As it so happens I spoke to someone on FB who is running 300bhp just the other day. He went the forged route.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK interesting. 320 with stock internals? Wow. I was always under the impression that these figures needed some serious upgrades.
I suppose as they said, 'it's the luck of the draw'. Good to know that they have had some stock units running those numbers but I wonder how many went bang??
As it so happens I spoke to someone on FB who is running 300bhp just the other day. He went the forged route.
I was very surprised myself. For my peace of mind I'm hoping not many went bang when getting close to 300bhp on stock internals, as I hope mine doesn't!. I think forged engine is still the way to go though even if it is just for peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Definitely mate. Good luck with it all Ellis. I hope it goes well. Keep me posted. Would love to see how she ends up.

Mine is only stage one. Doubt I'll be doing much more though. Maybe? Haha.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive design

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Definitely mate. Good luck with it all Ellis. I hope it goes well. Keep me posted. Would love to see how she ends up.

Mine is only stage one. Doubt I'll be doing much more though. Maybe? Haha. View attachment 1367
I will deffo keep you updated on here! Your pugs looking really good mate!. I wouldnt recommend doing any more mods, the price of mods for these cars are ridiculous 😆

1 - 18 of 18 Posts