Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi how long does your 208 GTI TAKE TO HIT 90c from a cold start?
That depends on whether your thermostat is functioning correctly. If it is working then it should be less than 10 minutes for the engine to be up to temp(depending on your driving style and journey taken). If it take along time to get up to temp you may have an issue with the thermostat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I currently have an issue with the car when it’s gets to 90-100 it’s starts loosing power and if really give it some it says engine fault service. The other thing I noticed is it get hot very quickly it will hit 90c in less than 5 minutes! I’ve always had VAG cars and wasn’t sure if it was a Peugeot GTI thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting, I currently have an issue with the car when it’s gets to 90-100 it’s starts loosing power and if really give it some it says engine fault service. The other thing I noticed is it get hot very quickly it will hit 90c in less than 5 minutes! I’ve always had VAG cars and wasn’t sure if it was a Peugeot GTI thing.
I’ve driven Peugeot for years and they usually are quick to get up to temp. The Prince engine especially runs really hot! Anyone that tunes them has to do allot of work with FMIC and turbo jacket etc.
If it’s loosing power at temp it’s overheating over usual operating temp. Can you smell coolant in the cabin when you drive? Is your coolant okay? If it’s throwing up an EML you need to get in plugged in and check what the issue is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No coolant smell etc, the levels are all good, had it plugged in and it’s only throwing a turbo charge too low but the turbo is fine, checked the turbine and waste gate. It’s just leading me to believe that the catalytic may be blocked up which is causing it to warm up super quick and also the turbo not being able to push as it the cat gets warmed up it’s restricting flow. I’ve ordered an endoscope to have a look tomorrow, hopefully a perfect opportunity to get a decat. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
You need to put on a obd2 reader on the car when you have the the warning come up, and see what error code the car reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got delphi 150e and it keeps showing p0299 I’ve also had it plugged at my garage and they have the lastest Autel that’s also showing the same code nothing else. I will start by changing the rubber sleeve which sit on the turbo inlet, it’s split and I think the turbo had ate some of it. Still dosent explain why it get so warm so quick. My endoscope needs to hurry up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked Cat with scope looks brandnew, might have to take the turbo apart as I can’t see anything else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took the turbo apart all seems good, cars making vacuum. Actuator seems to hold, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I wasn’t having any luck at all, when the car would get up to temp it gradually would loose power and only code p0299 was stored. I was certain it’s a either a boost leak or maybe a small vacuum leak. So today I took off the inlet manifold to inspect the vacuum lines which are located behind there and also the boost solenoid, I found on the vacuum line going to the actuator a small pin hole size hole, it was very hard to notice and was very close to where it connects to the boost solenoid.
Replaced the hose and result! Full boost 1.54 bar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah ive had Vag cars before only a GTI in petrol and mainly diesels they sort of get up to temp within 10 mins but this Ep6 engines seem to warm up in 5 - 6 mins. Wasn’t sure if it’s an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought one like two days ago and it’s sits at 90 in under 5mins which seems extremely quick for me though

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Temp sensor position may make it seem like the engine warms up quickly, but it may not be the case that the whole engine is all at 90°C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Temp sensor position may make it seem like the engine warms up quickly, but it may not be the case that the whole engine is all at 90°C

Yeah I don’t drive it hard for another ten minutes or so just to make sure it’s all nice and warm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts