Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took one out for a spin today, first thing I noticed was the road noise at highway speeds was actually quite loud (in comparison to my 207 GT -- not GTI).

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Administrator
487 Posts
My last car was a 306 rallye with a scorpion exhaust on it.
so no.Edited by: DaveGTi

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Drove up to Gretna for a wedding at the weekend, 400 mile round trip, 40 MPG, didn't hang around either, car was brilliant, so much better than my previous RCZ THP 200.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Have not experienced 208 GTi first hand but have owned 207 GTi and now the THP156 208. If anything I would say road noise is less - construction of the car with seam welding instead of spot for example should reduce road noise - maybe depends on the road as the stiffer suspension on a GTi may well add to noise level.Have not experienced 208 GTi first hand but have owned 207 GTi and now the THP156 208. If anything I would say road noise is less - construction of the car with seam welding instead of spot for example should reduce road noise - maybe depends on the road as the stiffer suspension on a GTi may well add to noise level.

·
Administrator
487 Posts
Yellowbelly said:
Have not experienced 208 GTi first hand but have owned 207 GTi and now the THP156 208. If anything I would say road noise is less - construction of the car with seam welding instead of spot for example should reduce road noise - maybe depends on the road as the stiffer suspension on a GTi may well add to noise level.Have not experienced 208 GTi first hand but have owned 207 GTi and now the THP156 208. If anything I would say road noise is less - construction of the car with seam welding instead of spot for example should reduce road noise - maybe depends on the road as the stiffer suspension on a GTi may well add to noise level.
daysharvu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. I may be experiencing this because my 207 GT (not GTI) has a quieter exhaust and possibly more sound deadening and softer suspension as it's the less sporty of the lineup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove to Newcastle from Leeds at the weekend with the car maintaining a steady 2800 rpm. The engine's noise was present in the cabin but considerable quieter than my previous car, so relatively, it was bliss.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
my new GTi 208 is very quiet on the motorway. the suspension is incredibly soft. The new 208 GTi sh*ts all over the 207 GTi in every aspect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts