Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So my GTI’s diff makes these rumbling noises and makes the car vibrate when im doing a tight turn. I tested this by going full lock and driving in a circle. The vibration goes on without stopping, doesnt matter if the engine is cold or warm. Also, when trying to grip for traction (like going up a steep slope when it rains) it makes a whining sound like two metal plates scrubbing against eachother. What could be the cause? Many thanks in advance.

P.S: Bought the car at 48.9k kms, now its at 49.1k. The mechanic I checked the car when buying also said there was nothing wrong with the diff.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2018 Bps.
Peugeot are working on a fix for it but nothing can be done according to my local dealer. I am waiting for a response from them so will update ASAP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same issue on my 2018 Bps.
Peugeot are working on a fix for it but nothing can be done according to my local dealer. I am waiting for a response from them so will update ASAP
I have the car under warranty, should I just order a new one? Also, do you have any problems while driving on the line?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I have an update!
Peugeot have said a different gear box oil has to be used so I will book in and feedback.
If your car is under warranty you should speak to your dealer about doing the same.
The sound is annoying but is present only when turning.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
So, had mine in the other day and the dealer replaced the gear box oil.
The noise has stopped now which is great. The only downside is that changing gears is difficult until the oil has warmed up. Watch this space

1 - 6 of 6 Posts