Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just taken delivery of my 208 gt line, and when i touch satnav control i get a message saying satnav is absent. When i ordered this, i specifically asked if it came with satnav, as I'm rubbish at directions, and the sales guy said yes. With a 10 inch screen. My screen is 7 inches. I would have paid extra for the satnav had i been given the choice. What can i do now? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar problem mine should have been ordered with sat-nav and a 10inch screen - I also could do with some advice

·
Registered
79 Posts
You both have a RCC headunit mounted. That means, there is NO satnav integrated. However, you can use Carplay or Android Auto to connect your mobile phone and use any satnav app (Google Maps, Waze, etc).

The 10inch screens are for the models mounting the NAC system. Those headunits have TomTom3D integrated satnav.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You both have a RCC headunit mounted. That means, there is NO satnav integrated. However, you can use Carplay or Android Auto to connect your mobile phone and use any satnav app (Google Maps, Waze, etc).

The 10inch screens are for the models mounting the NAC system. Those headunits have TomTom3D integrated satnav.
Hi yes I've connected with android auto and its quite good. Although the point is, i was told it had satnav with a 10 inch screen. I suppose there's not a lot i can do about it now its just annoying lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
On Monday I'm going to phone the dealer, be interesting to see what they say
They may offer you a TomTom sat nav. If they do make sure its one with instant updates - i think its premium and costs around £350 + install. Have tried the android auto ti mirror my phone but it has since failed to work.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Such headunits (NAC) I can sell to you for less than that. It will have to be coded by Peugeot but it will be cheaper than buying it from them !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Such headunits (NAC) I can sell to you for less than that. It will have to be coded by Peugeot but it will be cheaper than buying it from them !
Can you please clarify what the headunit (NAC) is and can you get the 10inch fitted as I have a 7inch one fitted. An indication of cost would be helpful

·
Registered
79 Posts
NAC is the headunit/system with integrated navigation TomTom3D. RCC is the headunit/system WITHOUT that integrated navigation. Changing the units and the displays is most probably possible but I cannot tell you what that would cost. If you go to Peugeot and let them do it (if they do it at all) might be more expensive than buying a new car....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there I bought a 2017 208 black edition on boxing day and was too very disappointed to find that the the screen basically did nothing at all but radio stations anyway I installed android auto onto my Samsung s7 and then you have to turn on your blue tooth and connect the phone to the car via the sub socket also for the first time to get it to even see the phone once you have paired the 2 together you can use android auto for pretty much everything I now see the Google maps or TomTom maps or waze maps on car screen I can voice text and call people and there is a whole load of specific apps for android auto which you install on your phone which once opened once on your phone will add them selves to the list of apps on the car screen I'll admit it was a faff for bout 2 days but eventually it all started to work in sink pretty well and I'm well. Chuffed with what I can now do on the car screen and via voice recognition which can be accessed by pressing the buttons on the end of indicator and washer stalks you need to have your mobile data active though for most to work it's all about making your phone discoverable and stuff like that for the initial setup but once working it all works great hope this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also I highly recommend downloading peugeots own set of apps to your phone also
it will make journey history's for you it even texts you when you put petrol in and if you tell it how much the petrol cost it will work out the cost for every journey and hiwnlong it took as well as plotting outbwuere you have been on a map at bottom of the app you can book services and stuff like that though app and loads of usefull stuff but please note this is donw through peugeot app not android auto yoy really need both lots on your phone and you need to make sure your peugeot app is running when you start the car cos it doesn't auto boot up like android auto does

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also I highly recommend downloading peugeots own set of apps to your phone also
it will make journey history's for you it even texts you when you put petrol in and if you tell it how much the petrol cost it will work out the cost for every journey and hiwnlong it took as well as plotting outbwuere you have been on a map at bottom of the app you can book services and stuff like that though app and loads of usefull stuff but please note this is donw through peugeot app not android auto yoy really need both lots on your phone and you need to make sure your peugeot app is running when you start the car cos it doesn't auto boot up like android auto does
Again sorry bout the typos people lol I should really read back what iv typed prior to pressing post button but hope most people understood what I was saying . I'm happy to advise anybody as best as I can if anyone else is strugling to make better use of that great screen in their peugeot than for just showing what radio station your listening to ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Again sorry bout the typos people lol I should really read back what iv typed prior to pressing post button but hope most people understood what I was saying . I'm( happy to advise anybody as best as I can if anyone else is strugling to make better use of that great screen in their peugeot than for just showing what radio station your listening to ...
Oh another note iv read in a few forums and such a few times people quoting that you need to buy a dedicated dongle from peugeot for as much as 145 quid to get their screens to do anything of any use and I can Definatly say that it's not true I don't own the dongle and have no idea what it brings to the table apps wise but I can't imagine it does much more than iv now got my screen doing with just my phone that is of any use beyond being gimmicks.. but don't quote me but you defo don't need it to get maps and mp3 players and jpeg viewing and the likes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys newbie Area32Audio again with one last tip to those strugling with the 208 Sat nav which I completely forgot to mention and that was that b4 i did any thing in the way of setting it up with my.phone I had factory reset the unit first of all so I knew I wasn't dealing with any settings previously put in place by previous owners and I also updated the satnavs firmware for the latest I could find now again this was a bit of a faff and requires a proper PC or Mac laptop etc and can't be done with out because you first have to download a programme to your pc that allows you to download the firmware and then allows that firmware to be transferred to a memory stick 8gig minimum cos the firmware is bout 4.5 gig anyway once downloaded and transferred to the memory stick you just place the stick in your cars usb port and turn on the car and it will auto start and menu prompt you from there on in DO NOT TURN OFF THE CAR OR REMOVE THE STICK UNTIL FINNISHED otherwise you will spoil the Sat nav all together leaving you with no operations available full stop apparently so just follow the prompts and should be fine . Like I say I did this prior to doing any thing phone and pairing and android auto wise to be sure if have best chance of things being a success which so far they have been GUDLUK GUYS .. and sorry for the barrage of posts from myself today lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts