Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, recently took delivery of brand new 208 GT line. Everything I expected and hoped it to be except for one thing - the electrochrome rear view mirror. The drivers seat is electric and the mirror has no manual adjustment capability. I'm 5 ft 9 tall and I have to have the seat at its highest position to be able to see out of the rear window. My wife is 5 ft 4 no matter how we adjust the seat she can barely see the top of the rear window. Previous car was the last 208 GT line model which had a manual drivers seat and rear view mirror so she had no issues. Just wondered if I was being stupid or if anyone else has encountered this, I can't believe that this would be normal as it suggests poor design.
Thanks
fman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks exmgzr and Webslinger. I feel a bit of a fool but yes, it was just stiff. Used to have a 97 406 Coupe ( fave car I’ve ever had) and cracked the windscreen adjusting the rear view mirror one time. Since then I have always been ultra gentle with the rear view mirror in my Pugs. The main thing is that both of you have given me the peace of mind that Mrs F is now happy to drive the car with the caveat that she feels daft driving a GT line as a soon to be 50 year old. Me? I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts