Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I can't wait to see the whole package including the alloys shining and all. I find it hard to make a mental picture if certain alloys look good an a car or not. So for me it's been a bit of a gamble just like the color.

But I just didn't want the usual,.. if you look at a random carpark you see all shades of grey and black, some white a few blue and a sporadic red car. I wanted something different but now that I've seen it I'm quite happy with my choice. The pictures don't do it justicebecause the color shifts between metal brown, metal grey and a hue of pink depending on the light conditions.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I DO like those 'Helium' alloys that you've chosen - very impressive! I look forward to seeing the pictures of the complete package once you take delivery of it.

I was hoping to have those 16" Helium wheels on my Allure, which has them as standard, but alas, when you specify the EGC gearbox, as I did, they automatically get downgraded to the 15" Azote alloys from the Active model, and try as I might, there was no way (other than buying them as parts and new tyres) that I could get them upgraded again!
I think it's possibly due to the emission class that the 1.4eHDi EGC is in. The Azote wheels look OK and they are growing on me, but I'd still rather have had those 'Helium's'!!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sympathize,... The Azote are nice alloys but I have to agree that the heliums are just that bit more good looking.

The active and envy trim in Holland are without alloys so I bought the heliums as parts withseparatetires. I have abrotherin law that's a head mechanic at the dealer so he could give me a good bargain,... but still they are a lot more expensive that when it would've be possible to order them as a standard option like theGermanscan do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts