Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to start by saying I wanted a small car and that is the main reason I bought this. I tested the Corsa to compare against it. The Polo was out of my budget and I didn't want an ugly Fiesta.

I find the 208 trickier to drive than I did with the Corsa. The biting point is higher than on any other car I've ever driven and gear change and clutch control has to be very precise and smooth or you get a fair amount of juddering between shifts. Having said that the car Is a lot of fun, even for a 1.2, and pretty quick. A lot quicker than the equivalent priced 1.2 Corsa which was slower than a HGV. You also get a lot more for your money compared to the Corsa and like. Having Leather seats makes it very comfortable. Automatic Lights and wipers I use all the time and they work very well. Auto Dual climate control is excellent. And I'm forgetting the TV in the middle which I love, although there can be lag, and connects to anything.

If you get the five door there will be plenty of room in the back. None of my mates have complained about space. I think the Allure is definitely worth getting over the Active if you're prepared to pay the extra.

Hope it was helpful.Best thing to do is book a test drive.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Looks really nice, great picture in the dark

A lot more white cars on the road these days. I was offered a good deal on one dealer had in stock but wasn't brave enough to go for it and got the virtual blue ordered instead. Also heard that over 50% of the sales of Peugeot 2008 model in Europe so far have been white.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
i love the colour on the virtual blue, but if i was to have another 208 it would either be black or white, the colour really does it justice.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Looks good I have got 5door white allure had it since December I love it , I had glass roof as optional extra so glade I had that option . Glad you like your car

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
You do get sports seats on the Allure. ONLY THE 3 DOOR. It is just fake leather though, or as they describe.....Sports seats with Eclipse Premium trim featuring cloth and part leather effect trim

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
They are nice seats though, I really like the look of them and are very comfy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts