Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at buying a 2019 208 this weekend after seeing a good deal. My wife is the main driver and I was focusing on the technical side and wanted to use my iPhone 11 Pro with CarPlay.

well after ages of trying, it wouldn’t work properly with my phone. Any time you used “hey Siri” CarPlay would lock up and crash. Doing it manually via the touchscreen would work fine

My wife’s iPhone 8 worked fine. We then tried it in another brand new electric peugeot and it worked perfectly.

One of the employees in the garage had the same phone and came and tried and had the same issue.

they have said they will reset the software but I wondered if the firmware on the touchscreen can be updated. I noticed it was dated early 2019 before the new phones came out.

Is this something the garage can do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there might be a firmware upgrade for the head unit. if you use the Peugeot app on your phone it should tell you if there is a new one or not. if not I have the Peugeot Update Application for Windows PC if you want that.
Thanks. Went back and tried again and it works perfectly with the button on the indicator as voice activation no one told me about.
May hold you to that Windows PCs app though once we get the car. Just paying now! Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there might be a firmware upgrade for the head unit. if you use the Peugeot app on your phone it should tell you if there is a new one or not. if not I have the Peugeot Update Application for Windows PC if you want that.
We have just got the car and i'm downloading the update now - but it says we don't have a map update at all - yet the 3d connected one on the car is V11 back from 2018? Is there a way to download newer ones despite the app not telling us one is available? thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh sorry thought you were asking about maps - here is the system info - I've since updated it to the latest firmware via Peugeot Update Application. Annoyingly we can't get any connected services currently - the Peugeot Service Store won't add our car despite detecting the VIN number and car correctly. Will call the dealer tomorrow as wanted the Tom Tom services for my wife!

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
There is newer firmware out for your NAC unit. As far as I can tell the unit is a Wave2 unit.

If you run the Peugeot update app from here

There should be a software update for your car. Once that is updated you may be prompted for a new map. Which should be v17

Sent from my OnePlus 7Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts