Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Hello everyone.

My 2015 1.2 (pre facelift) wont start. Starter engine doesnt make a sound. I just hear a click an a electrical "whirring" noise when I turn the key. Battery is new and well connected and charged.

What should I check? A mechanic friend says Peugeots has an immobilizer that might need to be reset. I followed a procedure for that I found online for that, but no luck. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Soundsike the starter Bendix ring isn't engaging the teeth on the flywheel

Have you tried a bump start? Pushing vehicle then engaging 2nd gear to start the car?

Sent from my OnePlus 7Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The "whirring" noise, I think is the fuel bump. But it does start with a bump start. And now it starts again. The starter motor makes a bit of a "barking" sound when starting (and that was there before the no start at all). So I'm thinking that migt be the bendix not engageing correctly

Any troubleshooting tips?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm having difficulties locating the starter motor... Figured a visual inspection might give some insights. Must be on the flywheel side, right?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
yes. most likely at the back of the engine bay near the top. probably wont see it looking from above, you would need to look underneath the car on a ramp perhaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts