Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2019 208 1.5 BlueHDI and had it delivered yesterday (last of the facelift models) with 7K on the clock, I bought it from a car supermarket unseen other than photos and have the option of having it collected free within 7 days for a full refund if I dont like it.
The car is in really nice cosmetic condition and seems to drive very well although not as stable on the road as the Corsa it replaces which I expected having researched the model well.

So I have a few questions: When I turn the ignition on and the engine is cold the glowplug light illuminates for about 2 seconds before going out, it was 4 degrees here this morning, is this normal only that seems pretty quick compared to other diesels I've had!

Secondly the start stop doesn't work even with the heater and everything electrical switched off, no fault conditions showing and 12.7v on the battery which shows it's fine. The green ECO light flashes a few times then dissapears (OK I know many people are thinking I wish mine did this but I want everything working as it should be at least to start with)

When I accelerate and change gear I hear a sound as the revs fall that's difficult to describe, could it be a wastegate?

Finally when I drive off for the first time on a journey I hear a very audible click from the rear of the car, it doesn't reoccur until the start of a new journey, any ideas?

Probably not problems but as I said I've got the right to send it back and yes I know its still covered by the pug warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK here is an update, Peugeot tell me it's normal for the glow plug light with my engine to illuminate for a short time only.

The audible click when driving off at the start of a journey was the auto central locking operating, default = ON, to switch off or on press and hold the manual central locking button on the centre consul until it switches OFF/ON ( I got a confirmation message on the small display in front of the steering wheel) I disabled it as I dont want to be locked in if I'm involved in a serious accident, my personal preference.

Start Stop ongoing currently conducting battery checks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts