Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iam from denmark andnew in here

I am thinking of buying a 208 1.2 e-Vti with 5 speed EGC

Does any of you have somCons and Pros on that car ?

Is EGC a good thing or bad thing ? or should i stick with manual 5 speed gearbox

Chris

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Chris, I have a 1.2 Active (manual 5 speed) and find it perfectly acceptable for normal urban use. The three cylinder engine can feel a bit rough at lower revs and can struggle to pull fifth gear for overtaking on motorways. I find the manual gearchange quite good (equally as good as me previous Audi) although some users feel it is a little 'clunky'. Overall the combination of engine and gearbox works well but is probably not suited to motorway use if this is a reasonably high proportion of your driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi NickyNoogle ;-)

I really like that car .. and iam going to use it for urban use but sometimes i would like to drive to South europe in the summertime .. so it has to do that as well ..

I didt a test drive at the local dealer and i found that the engine was "quick" enough for my needs..

But i was a little in doubt if i should by the car withEletronic Gear shift or just stick with the manual gear.. or if i should by the car with Navigation or not..

Chris

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi, Ican't comment on the Electronic gearbox because I've never tried one but I find my manual box quite good in normal urban driving.The car has cruise control (and speed limiter) so is not onerous to drive on longer journeys and the 1.2 fuel economy is excellent when driven sensibly.
I didn't take the SatNav option on my car because I couldn't see the point of paying a lot of money for something that my smartphone does for free, and having read some of the comments on this forum about the Peugeot SatNav I'm quite glad that I didn't waste my money on it. It's worth noting that options such as Park Assist, Rear parking sensors, SatNav etc which integrate with the touchscreen can't be retro-fitted at a later date without complete;ly replacing the touch screen and its control unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts