Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. My daughter has a 2014 208 1.0 49,000 miles, that she's owned for just over 6m. A couple of months ago it showed a fault code Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1. Ran some Redex through the tank, garage changed the spark plugs, pressure tested the cylinders and changed the oil & filter and sent her off to run it up and down the motorway for half an hour. All was well for a couple of weeks and then the light came back on. That's not a big deal at the moment though as a new red warning came up due to lack of oil yesterday. She's driven less than 1000 miles since the service and the dipstick was showing nothing. In went 1L of Mobil 5W30 and it showed 1/4 on the dipstick. She drove to mine for the weekend 200 miles or so and when checked again their is nothing showing now. There is no blue smoke at start up that I can see and no leaks from the new filter or sump, and no oil drips on the floor. She needs to drive it back to home, 230 miles and then get it booked back in with the garage. My question is, will it be okay if topped up again? Does anyone know if it's repairable or is the engine goosed? Is there anything I can do myself? Cheers Guys. Mark

1 - 1 of 1 Posts