Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to here picking up my 2014 208 Gti on Monday.
So before COVID I test drove the car all good, then the crappy news of dealership closing down. Anyway just a little under month ago I test drove it again.. yet again it was all good, but in the time I bought the car to then drive away from Peugeot garage it was probably 30 mins a misfire started on the car haven't even left the site. They took it in and check it, after a 1 hour they found out it was a faulty sensor, so they were going to order it and be ready the next day.

The next day came and they phoned saying somethings happened again which lead to a problem with the fuel pump. They took it to another Peugeot garage and it waited for 2-3 weeks waiting for a part. Luckily I have a family member who was a very good job, they emailed Peugeot which ended going up the chain of command to Peugeot HQ.

Yesterday I had phone call saying they changed nearly every pipe on the car and changed the fuel pump and another pump (can't remember which one) They said the car is literally brand new

I am slightly weird it will have more problems, because of all the things they've changed. Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

Many thanks sorry for long message

·
Registered
63 Plate 208 GTi
2 Posts
Hi new to here picking up my 2014 208 Gti on Monday.
So before COVID I test drove the car all good, then the crappy news of dealership closing down. Anyway just a little under month ago I test drove it again.. yet again it was all good, but in the time I bought the car to then drive away from Peugeot garage it was probably 30 mins a misfire started on the car haven't even left the site. They took it in and check it, after a 1 hour they found out it was a faulty sensor, so they were going to order it and be ready the next day.

The next day came and they phoned saying somethings happened again which lead to a problem with the fuel pump. They took it to another Peugeot garage and it waited for 2-3 weeks waiting for a part. Luckily I have a family member who was a very good job, they emailed Peugeot which ended going up the chain of command to Peugeot HQ.

Yesterday I had phone call saying they changed nearly every pipe on the car and changed the fuel pump and another pump (can't remember which one) They said the car is literally brand new

I am slightly weird it will have more problems, because of all the things they've changed. Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

Many thanks sorry for long message
Hello,

Which Faulty sensor did you have replaced?

Mine had the High Pressure Fuel Pump changed last year but I am now having misfiring issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts