Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

A few weeks ago my SMEG in my 2012 208 wouldn't boot up. I did some research and found that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting fixes the issue. I tried this, and it worked.. for a week, until it's done the same again.

I've done more research and found this is a common issue. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a permanent solution for this, or has any ideas on the best ways to diagnose the issue?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I had the same issue and asked the same question but got no further forward. I changed my unit for one from Ebay, sellers name is Stock Aitken waterman, they come pre programmed to your vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I had the same issue and asked the same question but got no further forward. I changed my unit for one from Ebay, sellers name is Stock Aitken waterman, they come pre programmed to your vehicle.
I’ve seen that people have recommended a new unit. Did you switch to exactly the same SMEG, or did you upgrade to a SMEG with CarPlay?
Also did you fit it yourself, if so, was it easy for a beginner?
Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve seen that people have recommended a new unit. Did you switch to exactly the same SMEG, or did you upgrade to a SMEG with CarPlay?
Also did you fit it yourself, if so, was it easy for a beginner?
Thank you.
Hi, I upgraded to the smeg plus, I don't use apple so wasn't worried about that. I did fit it myself and yes it was easy enough, the unit came with instructions. You have to be a bit careful prising off the facia the rest is straight forward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I upgraded to the smeg plus, I don't use apple so wasn't worried about that. I did fit it myself and yes it was easy enough, the unit came with instructions. You have to be a bit careful prising off the facia the rest is straight forward.
Thank you. I’ll give that a go, because I’ve wanted CarPlay for a while, so now can be my excuse to upgrade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts