Peugeot 208 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, Just put some 17" Peugeot 307 alloys on the 208. they look great but rub against the suspension, ive tried 3ml spacers which didn't really help as you get a knocking sound when cornering, you also get huge droning/ road noise on motorway and not to mention the steering wheel vibrating. Its not the wheel earing or anything as its smooth as anything with stock tyres on.

Would appreciate any help.

the alloys im trying to put on are these -https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peugeot+307+alloys&safe=strict&rlz=1C1CHBF_enGB794GB794&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs1tOPjJfbAhWR_qQKHY7mCQQQ_AUICygC&biw=1600&bih=769#imgrc=LqvcdOYKFUAAlM:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, wheels are second hand. Tyres however have been replaced and balanced. I think the rims are too wide? Does anyone know the max width that will fit on the 208?

·
Registered
16 Posts
talkplus0 said:
Yup, wheels are second hand. Tyres however have been replaced and balanced. I think the rims are too wide? Does anyone know the max width that will fit on the 208?
How wide are they? How wide are your tyres and do they fit normally - ie without looking 'stretched'.

I'd say it's probably more likely they're the wrong (too high) offset / ET, and so push too far in towards the suspension components before the back face of the rim meets the face of the hub.
Spacers can correct for that, but what type are you using - plain slotted discs only held in place by the bolts, or hubcentric ones (ie the spacers sits properly supported on the centre hub and also provides a centre hub for the rim to sit on)?

The ET should be marked (stamped / cast into) at the back of the rims along with the width etc. How to read them.

Looking quickly at https://www.wheel-size.com/ , it looks like the 307 can have at least up to 9mm higher ET / offset than the 208, depending on models and rim sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts