Peugeot 208 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I am a new 208 owner having just bought a used model as in the title. Not much opportunity to drive at the moment with the lockdown, however I have already found an issue or two with the audio system/touchscreen. I have searched this forum and found people reporting similar issues, but none with my software version. Firstly, having turned the radio on, I could find no way to switch it off again, only mute the sound by pressing the volume knob!
My second problem is more serious. I have been using the AUX input on my previous car to listen to an mp3 player via a jack plug. When selecting source (SRC button) the auxillary button is greyed out, despite the player being attached. This only becomes enabled when the player is working, meaning I am missing a chunk of my podcast until I am able to select that input. I need to be able to select AUX before starting the player. It gets worse though, as about a minute later the system reboots and reverts back to the radio. A minute or two later it reboots again. I have seen posts that say updating the software can fix this problem, although some include updating to this version of the software.
My system has no gps. Pressing and holding the SRC button (not menu, as some people report) shows this information: SMEG6.1.D.R20, CD: 30490, Date: 17-12-15, Bluetooth 1.2.0, Display 40.20 Is there a software update that will fix these issues?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts